TT 2018

woody2

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

Gizos' post is interesting, it is certainly close to what I suspect was the case in the Mercer crash. Speed, justification, investigation and conclusion.

Of course, we haven't seen the ACUs conclusion!

I was told this by a reliable source over the weekend. Apparently it has been paddock gossip.

11 minutes ago, 2112 said:

That seems to be matters arising from this years TT then?

I wondered who picked a limit of 80mph, and why?

it s difficult to reconcile that on a one way, locked down course, with medical and rescue cover immediately available, the fastest permissible speed is 80mph, yet immediately after racing is concluded, and the road is opened, there are no restrictions in speed on significant sections of the same road. 

Doesn’t this significantly undermine the DOI/COMIN position on derestricted routes? It would suggest that a trained individual has run some maths, and a risk assessment and come up with 80 being the absolute maximum for a four wheeled vehicle. But it’s OK to run bikes at up to 200mph?

I am of course being facetious to a degree, but it is all rather confusing.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

That seems to be matters arising from this years TT then?

I wondered who picked a limit of 80mph, and why?

it s difficult to reconcile that on a one way, locked down course, with medical and rescue cover immediately available, the fastest permissible speed is 80mph, yet immediately after racing is concluded, and the road is opened, there are no restrictions in speed on significant sections of the same road. 

Doesn’t this significantly undermine the DOI/COMIN position on derestricted routes? It would suggest that a trained individual has run some maths, and a risk assessment and come up with 80 being the absolute maximum for a four wheeled vehicle. But it’s OK to run bikes at up to 200mph?

I am of course being facetious to a degree, but it is all rather confusing.

You are trying to apply logic to the DoI/DHA position on TT Course “safety”. There has never been any. Neither Department really understands the principles of Risk Assessment but consider themselves experts.  

• Haha 1

To the vast amount of folk, visitors and locals alike, the guy is known as the bloke that spends long hours from his perch at the back of the TT Grandstand staring and grimacing at everyone. (The grimace bit may not be his fault and is just the way he looks (I'm a bit of a natural gurner myself btw) but the staring, people can do without.)

Now that may be a bit irrelevant and I would like to say no loss whatsoever to the TT, however, where are the organisers going to find a somewhat intellectually challenged fall guy to take on his dubious responsibilities?

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

To the vast amount of folk, visitors and locals alike, the guy is known as the bloke that spends long hours from his perch at the back of the TT Grandstand staring and grimacing at everyone. (The grimace bit may not be his fault and is just the way he looks (I'm a bit of a natural gurner myself btw) but the staring, people can do without.)

Now that may be a bit irrelevant and I would like to say no loss whatsoever to the TT, however, where are the organisers going to find a somewhat intellectually challenged fall guy to take on his dubious responsibilities?

-https://www.judgments.im/content/J583.htm

having read the above, what the hell was he still doing involved in any motor sport?

• Like 1