TT 2018

woody2

4 hours ago, Gizo said:

A grunts work for 70 odd grand ?

Lets be clear about the £70k.

There is no evidence of any kind to show that he is paid £70k or even £7k. Its a made up number from a few pages back.

The director of motorsports is on a max 0f £90k https://hr.gov.im/media/1040/ntnsp-pay-assimilation-2019.pdf See payband 38

Edited by piebaps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Except Mr Counsell wasn't Government employee.  He was a freelance who was used by the organisers of various different sets of races (admittedly indirectly funded by the IOMG) to fill a particular role in the running of those races.  You'd like to think that such situations were covered by up-to-date contracts, but, given the usual mess regarding legal things we've seen in the area (particularly if DfE are involved) it wouldn't shock me if they weren't.

I was told several years ago by someone who was also a senior TT bod that SC was a government employee (the person who told me was also a government employee).

SC was also involved with Andreas Racing and their lease on Jurby, and is now a director of Jurby Motorsport Management - the company that was formed to tender for the new lease on Jurby. 

14 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Lets be clear about the £70k.

There is no evidence of any kind to show that he is paid £70k or even £7k. Its a made up number from a few pages back.

The director of motorsports is on a max 0f £90k https://hr.gov.im/media/1040/ntnsp-pay-assimilation-2019.pdf See payband 38

So it could be even more than £70,k then?

14 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

According to terms of use:

It looks like a private company is being given money to run something, which the Government continues to pay for.

[1]  I was tempted to put [sic] after that, but never mind the obvious misspelling (in a legal document), look at the sheer pretentiousness of the 'Motordrome'.

As I understand it they're paying the Government. They're the lease holders, so they charge users (effectively sub-letting) and in turn pay rent to IOMG. 

Edited by maynragh

1 hour ago, maynragh said:

As I understand it they're paying the Government. They're the lease holders, so they charge users (effectively sub-letting) and in turn pay rent to IOMG. 

Oh quite possibly, the document isn't clear as to whether they are collecting on behalf of the Government or running it on their own account with a fee to IOMG.  I was just surprised that the DoI seems to be still handling maintenance and so on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Yes , pretentious

I have no idea who RM is and care even less. Why do people kiss his arse so much ?

I am in no doubt that he is smart and usually knows what he is talking about, but why do posters assume what he says is always correct ? This is  so much like folk sucking up to Buster Lewin, who usually talks shite.

This is classic Dilli posting.

To even in an oblique way compare RM to Buster is just laughable.

People are forever asking our Buster to supply a source or other proof. He just ignores them and blusters on. Those Facebook threads can be true popcorn stuff at time.

Roger, as a matter of simple course, provides references and source links, complete with notes. Any opinion is shown to be just that - opinion. Any fact is shown to be just that - fact.

Buster's addled brain these days is an insight into the great Douglas East vote heist. A self-assured and somewhat warped view on reality.

I can't deny it is entertaining though. 

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What does a director of motor sports actually do fir £90K? 

The Director of Motorsports is a man called David Morter who was previously Deputy at the Ship Registry.  Presumably experience of some form of transport was felt to be a sufficient qualification.  He was put in there after the Vision Nine fiasco exploded, because the first thing the DfE will do in reaction to any crisis is to add another layer of management.  Whether he's on £90 k or not I wouldn't know, it seems a little high but it is the DfE.

The TT & Motorsport Development Manager is of course Mr Paul Phillips.  We actually know that this post was advertised at £35,537 -£41,507, 18 months ago (internal only natch).  The role also came with an assistant because of course no IOMG hierarchy can be small enough not to have too many layers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

This is classic Dilli posting.

To even in an oblique way compare RM to Buster is just laughable.

People are forever asking our Buster to supply a source or other proof. He just ignores them and blusters on. Those Facebook threads can be true popcorn stuff at time.

Roger, as a matter of simple course, provides references and source links, complete with notes. Any opinion is shown to be just that - opinion. Any fact is shown to be just that - fact.

Buster's addled brain these days is an insight into the great Douglas East vote heist. A self-assured and somewhat warped view on reality.

I can't deny it is entertaining though. 

I wasn’t likening the two posters, just the following

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Director of Motorsports is a man called David Morter who was previously Deputy at the Ship Registry.  Presumably experience of some form of transport was felt to be a sufficient qualification.  He was put in there after the Vision Nine fiasco exploded, because the first thing the DfE will do in reaction to any crisis is to add another layer of management.  Whether he's on £90 k or not I wouldn't know, it seems a little high but it is the DfE.

The TT & Motorsport Development Manager is of course Mr Paul Phillips.  We actually know that this post was advertised at £35,537 -£41,507, 18 months ago (internal only natch).  The role also came with an assistant because of course no IOMG hierarchy can be small enough not to have too many layers. 

Wasn’t there a time when the lowest paid in that Motorsport dept was the secretary, who was on near 30K ?