TT 2018

woody2

This has been the first TT I haven't had a dose of the shits.

Bloke at the burger van wearing those catering gloves for the first time - coincidence?

ETA - and, I kid you not, it was just the one hand, the one that holds the utensil. The other hand was still holding the bun.

Oh, and while I'm at it, Bushy's was great but the hand washing facilities in the bogs - especially the erm, willy watching urinal part - was rather inadequate/non-existent.

Edited by gettafa

I rarely get time to actually enjoy the TT per se but I have to concede that when you factor in the weather, the new and varied entertainment, that the practices/races went ahead with very few issues and the general buzz of the island that this has been one of the better TTs, unfortunately there have been deaths on open and closed roads and that has marred this TT,.

Let's hope for the same again next year minus fatalities.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Dan Kneen didn't. Or all those others. 

His brother raced - I don’t think you understand the mindset of these racers. Racing is their life.

No Sausages, I’m only sick, weak and in pain. Not erupting from both ends thanks!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

And often their death. 

As 2bees says. Racers are fully aware of the risks of this type of racing. Ryan Keen took to the course in tribute to his brother. And after Robert Dunlop was killed at the NW200, Michael still raced the next day.

So I would say the racing fraternity are fully aware of what can go wrong without someone on a forum pointing it out every 10 minutes.

The road racing course is an unforgiving place should riders get it wrong, which is why the riders should have a huge say in the future of their sport, their livelihood. And in most cases their whole way of life. 

Any deaths are extremely sad in motorsport, but I think it is very hard for any of us to comprehend that world unless actually involved in this type of sport.

Edited by Pale Rider

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

And often their death. 

From what I gather La Colombe (please feel free to comment LC) prefers thrills via narcotics. And obscure music. Which is fair enough. Each to their own.

Probably having offered little to the world other than cutting comment on internet forum, preferring to shuffle off the mortal coil in a piss-stained state in a state run nursing home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

Top time trialling

Oh come on, time trials are when they set off one by one and finish the course before the next sets off. This is a race unless a person is particularly and unnecessarily OCD. (you are Stu Peters and I claim my #5)

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

Oh come on, time trials are when they set off one by one and finish the course before the next sets off. This is a race unless a person is particularly and unnecessarily OCD. (you are Stu Peters and I claim my #5)

No it’s not.  A time trial competes against the clock to get the fastest time around the course. That is essentially the IOM TT. It is not a race. 

1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

As 2bees says. Racers are fully aware of the risks of this type of racing. Ryan Keen took to the course in tribute to his brother. And after Robert Dunlop was killed at the NW200, Michael still raced the next day.

So I would say the racing fraternity are fully aware of what can go wrong without someone on a forum pointing it out every 10 minutes.

The road racing course is an unforgiving place should riders get it wrong, which is why the riders should have a huge say in the future of their sport, their livelihood. And in most cases their whole way of life. 

Any deaths are extremely sad in motorsport, but I think it is very hard for any of us to comprehend that world unless actually involved in this type of sport.

Well that's fascinating, although I'm unsure as to why you're telling it to me.