Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
woody2

TT 2018

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Aah, you seem to be confusing me with someone else, no probs. I'm certainly not 'so against the TT'. 

I don't think I'm the confused one. All you do is spout about deaths in roadracing every chance you get, then post you aren't against the TT as above! 

Bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

All you do is spout about deaths in roadracing every chance you get

Bizarre.

Yeah, not really. You're just making stuff up for some reason. 

40 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, not really. You're just making stuff up for some reason. 

In fairness LC is a death generalist these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes, he's the forum's obituary diarist. We have expectations of him one day penning a column. His short pithy notices don't do the deceased or his literary flair any real justice.

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yes, he's the forum's obituary diarist. We have expectations of him one day penning a column. His short pithy notices don't do the deceased or his literary flair any real justice.

And yet. Looky here. And here. Our respective front pages of topic starts. Of 25 topic starts, I have 5 obituary type threads. You have 7. Funny that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:58 PM, dilligaf said:

I think you are missing something.

How else would they know that the road s were clear all round the course?

The marshalls are not able to agree that all is clear.

I think the car is the ONLY way to go.

Why not have  " Roads Open Bike " ?

From Rob Callisters FB:

Such a fitting tribute 

The 2018 PokerStars Spirit of the TT Award was Awarded to Ryan Kneen and the Kneen Family.......

Congratulations

I must be the only one who reads the word "congratulations" whilst thinking of why they were awarded it who regards RC as being a complete hypocritical dickhead. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, joebean said:

From Rob Callisters FB:

Congratulations

I must be the only one who reads the word "congratulations" whilst thinking of why they were awarded it who regards RC as being a complete hypocritical dickhead. 

I see Cue Ball has raised his head again today on Twitter. The alternative Queens Speech seems slightly more plausible than the real one. 

Edited by Kevmeister
Spelling
  • Haha 1

I must be honest, I’m finding Rob Callister one of the most annoying and publicity seeking Tynpotwaldian and unfortunately elected local politician. He beats that other ‘man of the people’ DJ (Dave) Cretney, a man who has been a professional ‘politician’ (supposedly), all the while never challenging the establishment, just taking the shilling. Facebook here and MTTV there, Paul Moultons his best mate. Not forgetting YouTube. Listening and watching him it’s almost as if he is trying to be ‘Super MHK’. I’d rather he be invisible and actually do the job quietly and professionally - praise would be due if the results were good. 

Anyway, RC comes across as me, me, me and me. First always and last. Sadly there have have been other MHKs and MLCs certainly in the past who do genuinely put the hours in and care about the island. They never boasted about it, just cracked on with it. If he is aiming for a new year/birthday honour, I’d give him one, in the hope he may disappear. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LightBulb said:

i before e, except after c, is it not ?

You sure about that

You do not want to look like your light wasn’t switched on, would you ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Anyway, RC comes across as me, me, me and me. First always and last. Sadly there have have been other MHKs and MLCs certainly in the past who do genuinely put the hours in and care about the island. They never boasted about it, just cracked on with it. If he is aiming for a new year/birthday honour, I’d give him one, in the hope he may disappear. 

If you read into what he’s trying to actually say in the nonsense he posts you get lost. I’d say the other blog captures his widespread delusions of grandeur well enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1