good heavens above, the event has hardly finished yet pronouncements from Government on how much has been spent by TT fans, 

how on earth can they figure that out, with a bank holiday before the last races and a weekend,

CS are not even back at work in the office until tomorrow, so  exactly which hat were these figures plucked from ?

I have never experienced Government react so fast, there must be an election coming up or something :P

(it takes planning long years to say NO to anything anyone wants to do)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't like the TT why not form a group, elect a chairperson, spokesman, treasurer. Then get the treasurer to buy the 43 boat tickets for you all to fuck off on the boat tomorrow.

Not the same. It’s all about energy rather than speed. 2 cars, same mass at velocity v has a total energy in a collision of mv^2. One car at double that velocity hitting a stationary one has double th

That seems to be matters arising from this years TT then? I wondered who picked a limit of 80mph, and why? it s difficult to reconcile that on a one way, locked down course, with medical and

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tempus Fugit said:

good heavens above, the event has hardly finished yet pronouncements from Government on how much has been spent by TT fans, 

how on earth can they figure that out, with a bank holiday before the last races and a weekend,

CS are not even back at work in the office until tomorrow, so  exactly which hat were these figures plucked from ?

I have never experienced Government react so fast, there must be an election coming up or something :P

(it takes planning long years to say NO to anything anyone wants to do)

You are entirely correct, in what your saying. I can only deduce that IOMG are interfering in every business involved in the TT. Perhaps they are insisting that businesses involved in the tourism trade send their daily figures to DEAD. Perhaps DEAD has invested funds in certain businesses? I think you will find that this public pronouncements will come from one person only, and it’s not the Minister! It’s another self publicising pronouncement to make sure their name is always in the public arena, and their profile and image is always engrained in the eyes of the voters. There can be no other reason. If the Minister of the Departmental Member have genuine proof of a bumper year, they need to come out with it, tell the public how it’s arrived at this ‘fact’. 

As you all know, the spending figures are generated from departing visitor surveys. You all frequently bitch and moan about it and how unreliable it is.

Those surveys have been operating for over a week, so its know surprise to find that some initial results are available.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

Initial evidence suggests fans have been spending more money this TT.

They have been listening to people whinging about the beer prices at the Hooded Ram and Bushys.

not heard anyone complain about the prices at bushys- just the toilets and queues.....

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have not heard one complaint about Busheys prices, loads about the Hooded Ram and especially the food...£10 for chips and gravy.  etc.   there have also been a load of complaints about taxis overcharging....which is bad.

Don’t believe everything you hear

most of it is rubbish

4 minutes ago, Maxmann said:

Petrol jumping from £1.26 a Litre

to £1.30 a Litre was certainly a rip off 

Crude oil prices been rising. Good try fella but not this time.