Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
woody2

TT 2018

4 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Tell them to leave the golf clubs at home next time.

Bad sign in the OR if your surgeon starts dithering between the 5 and 6 iron.

Rumours of  young child getting snatched by a few bikers but got caught by the parent, who got a punch for his troubles but foiled them all the same. First time I've heard that rumour over a TT fortnight.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

If they tried travelling at the economy rate instead of the full flex fare and with 10 kilos of hand luggage only, it may be cheaper.

Tell them to leave the golf clubs at home next time.

I have their receipts in front of me.  Surgeon No. 1 - Booked 'Just fly' with a bag up to 23kg - £411.96.  Surgeon No.2 - Booked 'Just fly' with hand luggage only - £459.98.  Both bookings in February.

49 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I have their receipts in front of me.  Surgeon No. 1 - Booked 'Just fly' with a bag up to 23kg - £411.96.  Surgeon No.2 - Booked 'Just fly' with hand luggage only - £459.98.  Both bookings in February.

Profiteering. Supply and demand.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:55 PM, wrighty said:

Return flights from Manchester cost our visiting surgeons £450, despite booking in February. 

Possibly  the Booking policy could do with a re write.

The Booking algorithm used by the airlines prices according to supply, demand, bookings to date and the really clever ones take into account events.

Airlines aren’t charities, they want full load factor and maximum yield per seat.

Who made the Booking? Why wasn’t EasyJet from Liverpool looked at. With more flights and seats over TT there were last minute seats available most flights and prebooking in February gave £60 - £100 returns on even the busiest days.

Flybe from Liverpool is normally cheaper than Manchester due to more flights and competition.

A pal booked sleazyjet in Jan, from Shatwick. sub £200 return for TT.

They did their usual thing on the day, realised they would have to pay the late fees (best part of £1000/hour after 21:31) and cancelled the flight, using the plane for another flight. Late landing, turn around and return take off to put the plane in the right spot for the morning, £2000 fee. Refunded one way, but no luggage. Left to fend for himself, no other flights available. Booked from LVP for 2 days days later. sub £200 return.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the late use fee was waived during TT and FOM, getting people here when they booked?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Rumours of  young child getting snatched by a few bikers but got caught by the parent, who got a punch for his troubles but foiled them all the same. First time I've heard that rumour over a TT fortnight.

That is sickening. I hope the bikers involved are identified and the appropriate authorities take action.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/weather-disrupts-festival-of-motorcycling/

According to the IOM Government Mouthpiece, Thursday afternoon is being used for practice, then the roads open for 90 mins so people can get home, then shut again in the evening for more practices. I have no problem with this, but I do have a concern with overworked marshals. Long days, little food and being left on the Mountain I’m sure isn’t conducive to maintaining high concentration levels. Perhaps better planning for weather upsets should be taken into the scenario planning. 

Nobody's forcing them to marshal on the mountain or anywhere else for that matter. If they don't like it they shouldn't bother. It's mainly old codgers anyway I think, it gives them something to do. Gets them out of the house. 

• Like 1