• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't like the TT why not form a group, elect a chairperson, spokesman, treasurer. Then get the treasurer to buy the 43 boat tickets for you all to fuck off on the boat tomorrow.

Not the same. It’s all about energy rather than speed. 2 cars, same mass at velocity v has a total energy in a collision of mv^2. One car at double that velocity hitting a stationary one has double th

That seems to be matters arising from this years TT then? I wondered who picked a limit of 80mph, and why? it s difficult to reconcile that on a one way, locked down course, with medical and

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

That's the problem with not recruiting more locals.

Max, interest is waning fast from locals, so there is no chance you're going to recruit more locals as marshals.

The average age of bikers is getting older rapidly, same as the age of marshals and indeed spectators and TV viewers ( I'd guess )

You have your finger on the pulse, so to speak, so you must see the decline, even though gov say the figures are up every year.

A lot of people don't want to admit that the TT is not what it was and can never be.

Everything has it's day.

25 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's got 5 years max left.

It definitely has big problems ahead. Shame people are not free to talk about these issues without being bad mouthed.

Reality will dictate the future of these events, as more and more people find the deaths a bitter pill to swallow.

Not ever sure that it is better that bull fighting in the great scheme of things.

We cannot make the TT slower as that is the big deal, so we can only wait till the negatives come home to roost.

I wonder just how many have to "succumb" before it is deemed too many.? £££££££££££

Edited by dilligaf

The TT on the one hand, is growing globally, massive interest internationally. However, interest locally is declining, very few Marshals originate from the island, the only young ones are children of Marshals who probably have little choice. As professional a touch maybe brought into the TT it still has a whiff of hillbilly redneck racing about it. Personally, I feel indifferent about the TT. I've never bought a TT program and I never will, not at the fucking prices they're flogging them for.

2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

The TT on the one hand, is growing globally, massive interest internationally. However, interest locally is declining, very few Marshals originate from the island, the only young ones are children of Marshals who probably have little choice. As professional a touch maybe brought into the TT it still has a whiff of hillbilly redneck racing about it. Personally, I feel indifferent about the TT. I've never bought a TT program and I never will, not at the fucking prices they're flogging them for.

By that you mean people watching " telly". That will never prop up the aging dinosaur that is the TT.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

By that you mean people watching " telly". That will never prop up the aging dinosaur that is the TT.

I do mean by the telly yes, and you are quite correct that telly alone will not prop up the TT. The TT itself is in decline and the Marshals are getting fewer and even those who Marshal are getting pissed off. The first thing the authorities should do is fuck the festival of motorcycling right off, all that is is a spectacle for old machines and old farts....oh, and wannabe TT racers with IQ's equal to that of a Kipper. 

48 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I do mean by the telly yes, and you are quite correct that telly alone will not prop up the TT. The TT itself is in decline and the Marshals are getting fewer and even those who Marshal are getting pissed off. The first thing the authorities should do is fuck the festival of motorcycling right off, all that is is a spectacle for old machines and old farts....oh, and wannabe TT racers with IQ's equal to that of a Kipper.  

Well, there we differ.

I would keep the FOM/ Classic and bin the TT itself.

But maybe fair to say that the TT itself is a historic event.  

Edited by dilligaf
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

It definitely has big problems ahead. Shame people are not free to talk about these issues without being bad mouthed.

Reality will dictate the future of these events, as more and more people find the deaths a bitter pill to swallow.

Not ever sure that it is better that bull fighting in the great scheme of things.

We cannot make the TT slower as that is the big deal, so we can only wait till the negatives come home to roost.

I wonder just how many have to "succumb" before it is deemed too many.? £££££££££££

Well if nobody wanted to race and nobody wanted to watch or marshall, that would be a problem for the folks sitting in an office and drawing a salary for organising it.

1 minute ago, woolley said:

Well if nobody wanted to race and nobody wanted to watch or marshall, that would be a problem for the folks sitting in an office and drawing a salary for organising it.

What, like both of them.?