GP Appointments on the IOM

Last Ten

I recently registered online patient access where you can book appointments with your Dr and request repeat prescriptions etc!

I have recently tried to book an appointment to see my Dr and the earliest appointment is 3 week ahead (and my Mrs has confirmed her's is similar time online).

The other day we were watching GP's behind closed doors on the TV and all them patients at a GP's Practice in the UK were able to book an appointment to see a Dr on the same day and sometimes the next day.

Why do patients on the Isle of Man have to wait so long to see a Dr? We probably pay more than the UK in our taxes and we seem to be worse off.

Any views?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Last Ten said:

I recently registered online patient access where you can book appointments with your Dr and request repeat prescriptions etc!

I have recently tried to book an appointment to see my Dr and the earliest appointment is 3 week ahead (and my Mrs has confirmed her's is similar time online).

The other day we were watching GP's behind closed doors on the TV and all them patients at a GP's Practice in the UK were able to book an appointment to see a Dr on the same day and sometimes the next day.

Why do patients on the Isle of Man have to wait so long to see a Dr? We probably pay more than the UK in our taxes and we seem to be worse off.

Any views?

First not all appointment slots are available on line. Some are reserved for urgent appointments on the day

Second you May have a popular doctor. My GP has warm hands, good bedside manner and is a favourite with the old dears. He always has a 3 week waiting list. If it’s non urgent I’ll wait. If it’s urgent I go with whoever is first and get in the next day.