GP Appointments on the IOM

Last Ten

The chemo I’m on goes in 3 stages, I’m on stage 2, which has 4 cycles. Week one of each cycle is 5 consecutive days of chemo, then weeks two, three and four are twice per week day trips. It’s all been in Liverpool. Getting up at 4.30 and not home until 22.00, or later.

im hoping to persuade Nobles to do the twice weekly chemo from March.

There are gaps between cycles, so I’ve been going to Nobles for PICC line dressing changes and blood tests. I got a discharge letter, as did my GP, after my 11 weeks as an inpatient, but as I’m now an out patient and treatment is ongoing until August there aren’t any reporting letters.

i do feel I’m st risk of falling  in a gap between the three.

A chip can be read. Security is difficult electronically. But I agree giving patients a huge pile of papers is equally risky.

Of course on a ward it’s lip service only to confidentiality. Protocol that they draw curtains round, for privacy/confidentiality, but the patients next to you and across  from you can hear every word.

im not overly bothered. Just bemused.

Of course patients can get hard copies under Data Protection, but you have to keep updating.

Edited by John Wright

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I agree. But better than nothing.

I’ve started keeping a diary because my records for current treatment are currently in three places, GP, Nobles, Royal Liverpool. They don’t always communicate.

I was gobsmacked when I first accessed mine (2 months ago) no mention whatsoever of my allergy towards penicillin.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I was gobsmacked when I first accessed mine (2 months ago) no mention whatsoever of my allergy towards penicillin.

Which is bizarre because mine kicked off with full disclosure of my affinity to vodka and tonic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

We should all have an implanted chip, like my cats, that links to our health record. Patients, in general, could not be trusted to keep some sort of health record with them. It's only 'confidentiality' that prevents this. 

Nobles' administration certainly can't be trusted to do anything, that's for sure.

So how much of our health service budget is paying for oh so clever fat sedentary slobs who do nothing all their lives to keep themselves trim then despite having money, place immense stress on the NHS because they won't take financial responsibility for their shit life choices?

16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You not got school tomorrow ? You should be in bed by now, it's half ten.

Come on dilli, surely you can do better than that piss-poor effort...?

FWIW I don't care if a politician is a nice guy or a complete arsehole - as long as they are an effective politician. Because THAT's what they are paid for. They are NOT paid to go on completely stupid, worthless jollies that Watterson seems to revel in. He really is the "CPA Moth" as he's attracted to all their junkets.

If Tynwald had an actual leader they would realise just how much damage these waste of time and money trips cause in the eyes of the electorate and would just stop the lot.

Tynwald and leader, what an oxymoron....