Chips, Cheese & Gravy - a Manx delicacy

Well, not really the BBC as such, but more a case that the reporters paid over here have managed to find a sort of real story.

BBC: National Chips, Cheese & Gravy Day proposed on Isle of Man

I was just wanting to make a point in the Spineless or What thread but it has gorn. Anyway, I wonder did Mr Quayle take some of this stuff over to Nicola Sturgeon as an offering, and she give him a deep fried Mars bar.

Edited by Craig King
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck off Barrie

What a load of shite. This was made up a few years back by some lard-assed teenager and has now been adopted by every moron going. Cringeworthy.

My dad invented it.  And he invented the fish bites you see in the Terrace chippy.  My great grandma invented the dipping of biscuits in a cup of tea.  Aren't we a wonderfully inventive family.   

Posted Images

And the Seychelles for example, they use spices such as ginger, lemongrass, coriander and tamarind in their national dishes which comprise a lot of fresh fruit and fish.

I wonder did Mr Speaker and Mr President open up their suitcase and take some chip, cheese & gravy out to do a swapsie, A couple of mins in the micro and Hey Presto! it would be like being back at home. 

1 hour ago, Craig King said:

Well, not really the BBC as such, but more a case that the reporters paid over here have managed to find a sort of real story.

BBC: National Chips, Cheese & Gravy Day proposed on Isle of Man

I was just wanting to make a point in the Spineless or What thread but it has gorn. Anyway, I wonder did Mr Quayle take some of this stuff over to Nicola Sturgeon as an offering, and she give him a deep fried Mars bar.

That was my fault Craig, I tried to delete my comment and ended up wiping out the whole feckin thread. I've asked admin if they can re-instate...:pinch:

• Like 1

Cheers for the info. I was going to try out one of those Manx Forum conspiracy theories but glad I didn't now. There would be people telling me to get my tin foil hat on. I wonder if a tin foil hat could become part of the National Dress of the Isle of Man.

14 minutes ago, Craig King said:

Cheers for the info. I was going to try out one of those Manx Forum conspiracy theories but glad I didn't now. There would be people telling me to get my tin foil hat on. I wonder if a tin foil hat could become part of the National Dress of the Isle of Man.

Wear it whilst eating the Manx National Dish...:P

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Henry said:

A Manx dish would be kippers, potatoes with some fancy sauce, followed by a bonnag cake with Manx butter, washed down with blackberry wine.

:rolleyes::whistling: