Chips, Cheese & Gravy - a Manx delicacy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck off Barrie

What a load of shite. This was made up a few years back by some lard-assed teenager and has now been adopted by every moron going. Cringeworthy.

My dad invented it.  And he invented the fish bites you see in the Terrace chippy.  My great grandma invented the dipping of biscuits in a cup of tea.  Aren't we a wonderfully inventive family.   

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think the first place to sell CC&G was the little cafe under the Imperial in the early 90's? It certainly originated in Canada as Poutine, as pointed out.

In Manchester you can get CC&G on a pizza and sold under the name of "The Dirty Northerner"....Observing the sort of people who it eat CC&G wandering back home along Douglas Promenade... I could not have put it better myself! 

2 hours ago, Manxman27 said:

Has anyone ever claimed they invented it? I remember having it for school dinners at Ballakermeen around 1989. Then having it from AJ's take away on Castlemona Colonnade after Jimmy B's.

My dad invented it.  And he invented the fish bites you see in the Terrace chippy.  My great grandma invented the dipping of biscuits in a cup of tea.  Aren't we a wonderfully inventive family.   

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, Neil Down said:

That was my fault Craig, I tried to delete my comment and ended up wiping out the whole feckin thread. I've asked admin if they can re-instate...:pinch:

Not sure where you sent the request to but I have restored it now. 

2 hours ago, Merkin said:

I invented Rob Callister and Howard Quayle using the bins from the abattoir, a few left over sat on fences, a couple of self blowing trumpets I had lying about and 2 left over Top Man suits with Truform shoes - apologies.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I invented Rob Callister and Howard Quayle using the bins from the abattoir, a few left over sat on fences, a couple of self blowing trumpets I had lying about and 2 left over Top Man suits with Truform shoes - apologies.....

Are you the retarded cousin of Albert tatlock?  ;-) 

• Like 1