Jack Frost out in the cold

Max Power

I can see the end of the road for the kitchen staff at Nobles and elsewhere, the whole of the Islands' schools, hospitals and nursing homes etc will soon be serving imported meals, wonder if this will apply to the Tynwald canteen..I think not. It is strange when we are encouraged to buy local.

24 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I can see the end of the road for the kitchen staff at Nobles and elsewhere, the whole of the Islands' schools, hospitals and nursing homes etc will soon be serving imported meals, wonder if this will apply to the Tynwald canteen..I think not. It is strange when we are encouraged to buy local.

It’s Government Office canteen not just Tynpotwald canteen. It needs closing down and the various sandwich suppliers in Douglas given the opportunity to bring a trolley in. Tynpotwalders are there to work not sit eating hot food and drink subsidised by us taxpayers. By buying a local sandwich, the civil service and Tynpotwalders will be supporting a) the exchequer and b) local employees. Hot drinks can be served by coffee machines and vending machines. It should be noted that Government is always promoting healthy eating iniatives. Therefore the vending machines should reflect this with low sugar and low calorie products.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/02/2018 at 10:03 AM, hissingsid said:

That would be outrageous

58 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Lazarus- esque rise from the dead by Jack Frost...perhaps the lack of a Facebook campaign or MHK's taking up their cause has led them to end their "we're being forced to close down" farce

Yup.JF need to get with the program with THEIR prices and stop ripping US off.

56 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

That would be outrageous

But if they don't get competitive then it's got  to happen,we should not be subsidising every man and his dog with cheap meals at OUR expense.

Edited by twinkle

Not sure I agree with you there twinkle - jobs are becoming increasingly scarce & I don't seen any probs with paying basic income towards folks producing food on our island, or at least trialing the idea for a few years

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 1

What a mystery !!!! Perhaps some of the hotels and restaurants they supply have indicated that bookings were good for the foreseeable and Easter is early this year so they can see a light in the tunnel.    However, when the meals on wheels provision was first discussed it was for nigh on 200 people now it appears to be just 50 that 

JF was servicing, now I cannot see much profit,  paying a man or men to drive around in vans delivering these meals even if they only call say twice a week, and the storage that would have to be available plus all the menus chosen to be sorted just for 50 people who may only require say two or three meals a week.  Perhaps they expected more of an uptake.   Anyway, good news for the staff they must be mighty relieved as if you look in job vacancies there are not many for drivers, mostly IT and office.  So all is well.....for now Howard can now turn his thoughts back to Brexit...we are saved.

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Not sure I agree with you there twinkle - jobs are becoming increasingly scarce & I don't seen any probs with paying basic income towards folks producing food on our island, or at least trialing the idea for a few years

but they've been "trialling it" for 20/30 years and fucking failed,my bag worked at the correction centre,sorry I meant the college back in the nineties. it. the budget then was fucking non existant, STAFF CANTEENS MUST PAY THERE WAY.

• Like 1