Man wins employment tribunal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a good idea to give references at all in this litigious age. We will only confirm that someone worked for us and give the length of service, pointing out that we never enter into details of a pers

It actually is if the 3rd Party is the regulator. 

More Woody facts, actually Declan is totally right it is when the 3rd party is a regulator; and where the whistle blower has a clear duty to engage with the regulator if he feels that his employer is

Posted Images

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

not at all:rolleyes: i have had people come to job interviews and tell me they have all of a competitors details, i would never employ them, what's to stop them doing the same to me? i just inform the company involved what a ex-staff member is up to..... 

Woodyfacts Part XXIV

• Like 1
10 hours ago, P.K. said:

You're right. They wrote to the future employers withdrawing the reference they had sent. But presumably they would have to give a negative reason why?

Personally I would just have let it go because now it looks like spite.

Presumably, lots of presumption here, you just withdraw the reference and leave the other party wondering.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Gladys said:

Presumably, lots of presumption here, you just withdraw the reference and leave the other party wondering.

Well, if it ever came to a job interview it would certainly liven things up!

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, John Wright said:

Now got a massive payout - biggest in IOM history for an employment tribunal 

A9793C7E-CBB9-4A2D-BEAB-6607B38319AC.jpeg

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Kopek said:

Even a multi millionaire is going to be irked by that?

Indeed - so much so that the judgement seems to have vanished from the employment tribunal’s website - presumably an injunction, appeal or some other legal action is underway!

12 minutes ago, bankerboy said:

Indeed - so much so that the judgement seems to have vanished from the employment tribunal’s website - presumably an injunction, appeal or some other legal action is underway!

I don’t think this one has been put up yet. The previous decisions are still there. Appealing won’t stop publication.

45 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I don’t think this one has been put up yet. The previous decisions are still there. Appealing won’t stop publication.

OK, i now see it is here - https://www.gov.im/media/1362401/1635-robert-sutton-v-creechuch-capital-limited.pdf

but = and i could be wrong = i was pretty certain that until today it was on the tribunal decisions page - https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/offices/general-registry-isle-of-man-courts-and-tribunals/tribunals-service/tribunals/employment-tribunal/employment-tribunal-decisions/

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bankerboy said:

I’m sure it sets an example to government workers everywhere as to what sort of rewards are possible for dropping your employer in the crap. It might make up for the pensions they’ll be taking off you.