Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Blaine

Plans for lord street

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's the ladies with multiple names: Poole-Wilson,  August-Hanson (ex Humbles), Lord-Brennan and Maska (ex Hendy).  But their terms don't lapse until the end of February 2023, so after the 2021 General Election.  Henderson was re-elected in March.

That’s not quite correct. The President comes to the end of his term on 15 June 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s not quite correct. The President comes to the end of his term on 15 June 2021.

True, but I'm sure there are still loads of tropical beaches that need their democracy monitored.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

True, but I'm sure there are still loads of tropical beaches that need their democracy monitored.

He will only be 67. Will he stand again? He’ll have his pharmacist SIPP, state pension and Tynwald Pension. He’ll have done 25 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He will only be 67. Will he stand again? He’ll have his pharmacist SIPP, state pension and Tynwald Pension. He’ll have done 25 years.

But it's not all about money JW, he said so himself....... "I always say public service is its own reward"  :whistling: Yeah right.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

True, but I'm sure there are still loads of tropical beaches that need their democracy monitored.

Aye, what with all this COVID shite about he'll have been getting itchy feet for a while and worrying whether there's enough time to use up his Avios points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Aye, what with all this COVID shite about he'll have been getting itchy feet for a while and worrying whether there's enough time to use up his Avios points.

I bet he's utterly pissed off that most of the world's airlines have been parked up this last 4 months. Only non-tropical local matters to attend to and things to be done via video at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

He'll get elevated....

Hopefully, on the end of a spike!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...