Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Good story. Plenty of neanderthals with a hair trigger about in those days itching to prove their masculinity. For all the great music nevertheless they were violent times. 

Very true.(Sadly).

19 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Boney M played in a big tent on Castle Rushen High School playing fields for an episode of Seaside Special (70s)

So they did - excellent reminder. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

So they did - excellent reminder. Thank you.

The camera work was excellent. These Caribbean looking singers with their happy Caribbean type music and disco white attire, singing in a remote field on the beautiful holiday Island that was the Isle of Man, to a glorious backdrop of Mull Hill and Bradda Head silhouetted against a setting sun. It looked idyllic. It was actually frickin freezing.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, woody2 said:

friday bbc4 9pm old grey whistle test live for 3 hours....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09scfnb

That’ll be well worth seeing...but does anyone else share my view that Bob Harris is easily in the top 5 most utterly fucking irritating TV presenters of the 20th or any other century? What a self-regarding pretentious bag of wind that man is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’ll be well worth seeing...but does anyone else share my view that Bob Harris is easily in the top 5 most utterly fucking irritating TV presenters of the 20th or any other century? What a self-regarding pretentious bag of wind that man is.

:lol: yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Is he the man that used to sneer at the good bands and then fawn all over some boring Americans? Still at least he’s not Jules Holland. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

Is he the man that used to sneer at the good bands and then fawn all over some boring Americans? 

He's the man who famously didn't fawn all over the New York Dolls. Who were American. 

7 minutes ago, The Sick Moon said:

He's the man who famously didn't fawn all over the New York Dolls. Who were American. 

But not boring.

• Like 1

The thing with Bob Harris is that he's never got anything to say...ever. I've been listening to him for forty years and I've never heard him say anything interesting or perceptive. He never adds to the music like Peel used to do, and Danny Baker still does. Bob was blessed with a great voice for T.V. and radio but it's a shame he never had a brain to go with it. Nevertheless, at least he's not a bullshitter or media school graduate and it is all about the music with him. Should be a great three hours.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

He never adds to the music like Peel used to do, and Danny Baker still does.

Some might consider that an attractive trait. 

Another local band from the late 80s and 90s were The Problem. Regulars at Busheys favouring Stiff Little Fingers covers.

Simon on vocals and Lee Willis led guitar. Quite a few drummers past through.

• Like 1