Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

Yes, so do I.  He was a legend and, actually, quite beautiful, the pic doesn't do him justice really.  But, he was a bit wild.  I remember one time at Port Soderick, after a gig he got into some to do with someone and had a bleeding eyebrow.  I offered him a bottle of Newcastle Brown to clean the wound (no petticoat to rip - Western saloon gal style).  He didn't take the offer in the spirit it was meant!

• Like 1

Did you? Gosh.  My mate who  was with me doesn't !

While you are around, Quilp, do you remember Timmy's McD's younger brother who also played drums?  

3 hours ago, paul's got wright said:

Rude Reggae Re-do's here with a great band that played at the first Mannifest down the Nunnery. They played the Sgt Peppers set that night, great performance and atmosphere

As a big Pink Floyd fan, I was surprised that I actually liked 98% of that.

Ruined only by the fat guy in the hat.Shite.JPG.665a99013b93335a59723d918699cbea.JPG He was crap, but the rest were really good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

As a big Pink Floyd fan, I was surprised that I actually liked 98% of that.

Pink Floyd have always been popular with drinkers in my experience.

5 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Pink Floyd have always been popular with drinkers in my experience.

Experience of what. 

Judging by your posts you are too young to know what the 70s were like and Pink Floyd are way above your level of understanding.

Apart from that just shut the fuck up pussy.

Edited by dilligaf

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did you? Gosh.  My mate who  was with me doesn't !

While you are around, Quilp, do you remember Timmy's McD's younger brother who also played drums?  

Indeed I remember it. The bottle of Newcastle Brown McDowell used to hit Jerry over the head but managed only a glancing blow above his eye. Jerry went down nevertheless and McDowell was grabbed by Johnny Miller before the boot went in and more damage was done. DH then emptied the contents of the rare ice-bucket over Jerry's head to bring him around because the altercation occurred in the break and Nasty Piece of Work were just about to go up for the second set. It worked and Jerry got to his senses and sang a blinder with the aid of a bar towel packed with ice.. It was all sorted out after the show. McDowell sporting the far-too-frequent two black-eyes for a fortnight. The 'gentle rivalries' in Nasty Piece of Work were famous, Lol... Who didn't know Nigel Quail? Grew up with him. He's the reason I started playing. Saw him playing drums when he was 13 and thought "I wanna do that!" By far the better player than his bro. Shame about him but he always pushed the 'envelope' and the reason for his untimely, but sadly predictable, demise. Another brother, the eldest, Gary, was also a drummer. Played in Roadhouse, resident support band on a Sunday night for most of the top 70s acts. Used to wear glitter in his hair and sang.

:lol: Some racket in their house... 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Experience of what. 

Judging by your posts you are too young to know what the 70s were like and Pink Floyd are way above your level of understanding.

Apart from that just shut the fuck up pussy.

I can't imagine Pink Floyd being above anyone's level of understanding, hence their mass appeal and popularity. I've seen them live a couple of times. Their  miserable sound appeals to those who are also attracted to the depressant qualities of excessive alcohol consumption rather than other recreational drug effects. 

Just now, La Colombe said:

I can't imagine Pink Floyd being above anyone's level of understanding, hence their mass appeal and popularity. I've seen them live a couple of times. Their  miserable sound appeals to those who are also attracted to the depressant qualities of excessive alcohol consumption rather than other recreational drug effects. 

Do you ever reach the start of your colon, as you are so far up your own fucking arse. :mellow:

All going along nicely in 4/4 then suddenly we're at 6/8...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

All going along nicely in 4/4 then suddenly we're at 6/8...

Sorry. LC MTP TSM PL just piss me off no end.

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Do you ever reach the start of your colon, as you are so far up your own fucking arse. :mellow:

... Apart from that just shut the fuck up pussy.

Pretty awful stuff regardless...

You were on here a few weeks ago whining about abusive remarks in threads and pleading for everyone to be nice with each other...

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Pretty awful stuff regardless... 

I don't think so . Why bow to that idiot without a few expletives ?

and what did you call me a week or so ago ? OH yeah.;)

Edited by dilligaf

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry. LC MTP TSM PL just piss me off no end.

You seem very, err, 'sensitive' tonight.