Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
gettafa

Bands that have played in the Isle of Man

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:
11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry. LC MTP TSM PL just piss me off no end.

You seem very, err, 'sensitive' tonight. 

Oh no, not at all.

Every time I see a post from you. I think, shut the fuck up pussy.

3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Oh no, not at all.

Lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:
4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Oh no, not at all.

Lol. 

Well, if you will excuse me, I have some wet paint that needs watching...............................................

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Well, if you will excuse me, I have some wet paint that needs watching...............................................

That's not paint. It's vomit. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

Watch this instead...

Do you get much in the way of royalties for starring in that ?.

50 minutes ago, quilp said:

Indeed I remember it. The bottle of Newcastle Brown McDowell used to hit Jerry over the head but managed only a glancing blow above his eye. Jerry went down nevertheless and McDowell was grabbed by Johnny Miller before the boot went in and more damage was done. DH then emptied the contents of the rare ice-bucket over Jerry's head to bring him around because the altercation occurred in the break and Nasty Piece of Work were just about to go up for the second set. It worked and Jerry got to his senses and sang a blinder with the aid of a bar towel packed with ice.. It was all sorted out after the show. McDowell sporting the far-too-frequent two black-eyes for a fortnight. The 'gentle rivalries' in Nasty Piece of Work were famous, Lol... Who didn't know Nigel Quail? Grew up with him. He's the reason I started playing. Saw him playing drums when he was 13 and thought "I wanna do that!" By far the better player than his bro. Shame about him but he always pushed the 'envelope' and the reason for his untimely, but sadly predictable, demise. Another brother, the eldest, Gary, was also a drummer. Played in Roadhouse, resident support band on a Sunday night for most of the top 70s acts. Used to wear glitter in his hair and sang.

:lol: Some racket in their house... 

Yes, you remind me of the carry on.  I offered the bottle of Newcy Brown later in the glen at a barbecue.  Now you remind me of the original story, I can understand Jerry's reaction. DH's actions were entirely predictable, he was a serious guitarist, artiste and fisherman of unconventional method.  Is he still around?  I last saw him at the tip about 6 years ago, scavenging with a slightly superior air!

Nigel, yes, he was a super-concentrate Timmy.  

My friend and I were given the job of doing the lights at PS one night. The 'control panel' was a bank of domestic light switches, and not the rocker type we are used to now, but proper switches which needed a good thrusting push or pull.  We did a shit job and lost the nailbeds to our index and second fingers of both hands. We had a great night despite the physical damage, sadly the audience and band did not. 

• Like 1

Quilp: Your marvellous story of Jerry walking that deserted Aussie beach and hearing a Manx voice coming from the beer shack put me in mind of this. Someone posted it a while ago and it knocked me out. Went to the Colin Hay concert on the strength of it but he never played it ! It was a great concert though :) 

• Like 1

Yeah, great song, ideal at full volume going over the mountain on a sunny morn and dropping down in to Ramsey. It also conjures up mental images and personal memories of the time, a particularly good time in history for me.

Had the pleasure of that Gaiety gig. Hay told many very funny anecdotes about the stuff Men At Work got up to when recording that album (lashings of beer and weed, a voyage of discovery for them all, being previously skint), and what some of the Aussie slang meant in the lyrics. I did video a couple of tracks on my old phone, will see if I can extract them somehow.

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, La Colombe said:

I think your recent and sudden return from the dead caught many of us on the hop!

3 hours ago, manxb&b said:
On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, La Colombe said:

I think your recent and sudden return from the dead caught many of us on the hop!

and the fact he/she logged in as The Sick Moon by mistake too :lol:

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2018 at 9:04 PM, dilligaf said:

As a big Pink Floyd fan, I was surprised that I actually liked 98% of that.

Ruined only by the fat guy in the hat.Shite.JPG.665a99013b93335a59723d918699cbea.JPG He was crap, but the rest were really good.

they are a great band, they also do radio dred. haven't followed them recently but they were brilliant live. the 3 albums are brilliant 

1 minute ago, paul's got wright said:

they are a great band, they also do radio dred. haven't followed them recently but they were brilliant live. the 3 albums are brilliant 

Yeah  I thought they were very good apart from the fat fella I pictured. I know you are musical, so won't dispute what you say.:)

• Like 1