EX MHK Quirky

Last Ten

This Quirky Guy seems to love ringing his 'mate' Stu (his words) on Manx Radio Talking Heads.

Can I ask if Quirky is really Stu's mate? or does he just like to believe that the Public (OK Onchan Pensioners) made a massive mistake by getting shut of him as an MHK?

Every time I hear him on the radio, I think of the radio silence he displayed when he supported the absolute farcical Manx Gas Standing charges, when he was Chairman of the Office of Fair Trading which ultimately cost him his seat, when he shafted us all on gas tariffs. 

Quirky, the people of the IOM are not stupid, your done in Politics now, you showed them your true colours and I personally turn the radio off when you feel the need to contact Stu.

• Like 3

Hey, you. You leave Quirky alone.

At least we're safe he's only on Manx Radio rather than in House of Keys.

Keep up the good work Quirky, keep up the good work Stu. Long live Talking Heads.

(This post will self-destruct the minute Quirky puts his name down for anything to do with Tynwald)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

David Q has his faults and for a long time I thought he was just a t***.

However, since his slip back into normal life and listening to him on talking Heads, I have changed my mind about him.

When one takes into account his views on multiple subjects, he actually has more insight and better understanding of what is going on and what needs to change, than most of the deadheads in Keys ATM.

I don't think he would be too bad a choice of candidate for either MLC, or indeed MHK again.

His experience far outweighs that of about 90% of the current house and same for the LC.

I hope he does throw his name into the hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

However, since his slip back into normal life and listening to him on talking Heads, I have changed my mind about him.

When one takes into account his views on multiple subjects, he actually has more insight and better understanding of what is going on and what needs to change, than most of the deadheads in Keys ATM.

I don't think he would be too bad a choice of candidate for either MLC, or indeed MHK again.

His experience far outweighs that of about 90% of the current house and same for the LC.

he didn't actually do anything of any use. This is his finest moment...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Have you been on the Absinthe again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 20/02/2018 at 7:16 PM, dilligaf said:

David Quirk is a Jack of all trades and master of none, he talks a good job!

Can you enlighten us of any of his finest moments and achievements for the greater good of the IOM and indeed Onchan?! 

If you need me to send you a postcard to write your comments on get in touch via a message.

19 minutes ago, Last Ten said:
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, dilligaf said:

David Quirk is a Jack of all trades and master of none, he talks a good job!

Can you enlighten us of any of his finest moments and achievements for the greater good of the IOM and indeed Onchan?! 

If you need me to send you a postcard to write your comments on get in touch via a message.

If I wrote his achievements on the back of a stamp, it would still be more than most of the wannabe MLCs this time around.

Hope that helps.

Not sure why you want to be sarcastic.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:16 PM, dilligaf said:

I thought I’d start Friday with a philosophical question. Do you actually throw names into a hat? You throw hats into rings, and pull names (and rabbits) out of hats, but I don’t think you throw names into hats.

Although you could.

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I thought I’d start Friday with a philosophical question. Do you actually throw names into a hat? You throw hats into rings, and pull names (and rabbits) out of hats, but I don’t think you throw names into hats.

Although you could.

Perhaps the "hat" is a bit like the bran tub which given some of the politicians we have ended up with might be a better way of selecting our political masters , after all that is , I understand, how jury members are selected ( albeit with a bar on those who are judged too old to serve).

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, dilligaf said:

Although you could.

Yes. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/throw_one's_name_in_the_hat

Usually followed by the car keys. :lol:

• Haha 1