Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

Today's the day, Alf's 2nd Budget. Good news or bad? As posted previously, the NI Fund has now posted a gain...are things starting to level out a bit with a steady hand on the tiller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Today's the day, Alf's 2nd Budget. Good news or bad? As posted previously, the NI Fund has now posted a gain...are things starting to level out a bit with a steady hand on the tiller?

It's not the NI fund which is the immediate problem. If Alf goes for a revenue-raising budget then there's a chance, if not get ready to pay to see the doctor.

The big issue is the reserves (not NI reserves) and the CS pension deficit.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pin the islands hopes on the Lord Street development - bright future, mediocre rise in allowances, higher rises in NI, car tax, fines for missed appointments, lots of lookin forward, even keels, helmsmanship, future intention, lesson learned, sale of stuff been for sale for years, streamlines, future savings... Bugger all new.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

pin the islands hopes on the Lord Street development - bright future, mediocre rise in allowances, higher rises in NI, car tax, fines for missed appointments, lots of lookin forward, even keels, helmsmanship, future intention, lesson learned, sale of stuff been for sale for years, streamlines, future savings... Bugger all new.

The proposed Lord St. development looks very good, Robertshaw thinks it's the road to prosperity (or something like that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on top of 13 million they already get to fix potholes?

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

on top of 13 million they already get to fix potholes?

The extra'll be for overtime, standing looking at them.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone keep an eye on the road outside Alf's house - that 1.1 mil will need to be spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful lads, you might accidentally say something positive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet the treasury official who wrote the speech made a small sex wee (or got a little damp - can't be sexist) at this clever little line, stick it to them Alf!!

"We simply don’t have time to admire the Panorama or look for guardian angels – this is a government interested only in delivering reforms of substance based on evidence and fact; not supposition and innuendo"

Edited by b4mbi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..the personal allowance increase almost pays half my gas bill for half a year. Positive enough for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the second half of the speech (not on the Island at the moment). He seems very chipper.  No problems for the Island  at all.

 

Hope he's right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some surprising dissent in budget response speeches, especially from Our Juan - can't wait to hear what is said this afternoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another brilliant budget from Alfred Cannan. I am stamping it with my full seal of approval.

He really is the Benjamin Disraeli of Manx politics.

Edited by Please Elaborate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Just read the second half of the speech (not on the Island at the moment). He seems very chipper.  No problems for the Island  at all.

 

Hope he's right.

This year's deficit £39m - next year's projected deficit £67m. Public Sector Employees Pension Reserve to be completely exhausted in four years time.
 

No problems?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...