Stupid, naive or what

hissingsid

10 hours ago, Declan said:

The SAVE committee is supposed to look for ideas, it can therefore include a wide range of opinions, not simply those that agree with the treasury minister. 

Lets see if the SAVE committee sees savings from the money given to the farmers, interesting that it was highlighted by so many members of the public but will it get buried by the establishment- how can you give 7 million in grants and keep the info secret on who gets what and what it is used for. I dont actually object to farming grants but i do object to giving my taxes in secret

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Agricultural grants should be scrapped & a basic income scheme for artisan food producers trialled

The SAVE scheme results have been very badly presented, perhaps to prevent the public from easily seeing what saving proposals are completely ignored by the powers that be in Treasury

Edited by Donald Trumps

7 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

The SAVE scheme results have been very badly presented, perhaps to prevent the public from easily seeing what saving proposals are completely ignored by the farmers in Goverment.

Fixed....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The whole matter of Hooper's sacking smells of spite and pettiness.

If However you read Mr Cannan's closing speech on the budget debate, it all comes across as petty. It just tries to denigrate  anyone who has not praised his budget or disagreed in any way. His attacks on the Speaker are particularly vitriolic.

The whole budget struck me as more of a PR statement congratulating themselves, rather  than a positive effort to tackle the major problems in the economy, primarily the Civil Service Pension costs. Congratulations  are apparently merited because the reserve may not it may not run out quite as quickly as they initially forecast.

We are still only theoretically balancing the books by raiding reserves and the structural deficit this past year was even larger than the previous year.

Pensions and most benefits went up by 3.0% but thus below inflation , so in real terms a cut.

The raising of the personal allowances will help the lower paid in particular, but will soon be swallowed up by stealth taxes or other inflationary increases (electricity today, something else tomorrow.)

So overall I would not award him more than a C- for the Budget and his presentation, and E- for pettiness and vindictiveness but at least I can now get on my electric bike!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

If However you read Mr Cannan's closing speech on the budget debate, it all comes across as petty. It just tries to denigrate  anyone who has not praised his budget or disagreed in any way.

His father’s son then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1