Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Kevmeister

Allegedly “worthless” investment being pushed by high profile IOM residents

12 hours ago, Declan said:

So basically she is stood in front of the Dragons and is saying "I'd like £72,000 for 0% of my company and a bag of invisible coins." 

Pretty much. ICOs are basically the new VC, but without most of the pesky rules and laws that can get in the way. ICOs can work out if they are done right and the first thing you should do is check the whitepaper https://www.equi.capital/whitepaper/EQUI_Whitepaper_050218.pdf Theirs isn't the worst I have seen and they actually put some effort into it, but it should still be treated as an extremely high risk investment.

The question I’d like to know is how much of there own hard earned millions are they going to be putting in, very little if anything I’d guess maybe a tad risky this bitcoin palaver to stump up your own cash always better to use someone’s else’s.

22 hours ago, Declan said:

So basically she is stood in front of the Dragons and is saying "I'd like £72,000 for 0% of my company and a bag of invisible coins." 

Same school of finance as ET !!

6 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

The question I’d like to know is how much of there own hard earned millions are they going to be putting in, very little if anything I’d guess maybe a tad risky this bitcoin palaver to stump up your own cash always better to use someone’s else’s.

Reads a bit like Peel Port's attitude towards port development....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, asitis said:

Same school of finance as ET !!

And Peel Ports for that matter! Use someone else's money not your own.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Reads a bit like Peel Port's attitude towards port development....

Beat me to it!!:lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Kevmeister said:

That’s how I read it. She and others get to keep 100% of the shares in the company with all the lovely money in it generated from selling coins, and everyone else gets a load of coins sold by the company probably worth the square route of bugger all in the long term.There really must be a lot of total idiots out there trying to get rich quick to fall for this sort of thing. It’s like the original dot.com boom but with even less substance as there is no actual trading or revenue stream underlying its just pure speculation on future price movements having paid a premium to participate. 

unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there and people queuing up to take their money, just look at the Living Hope "show me the money" Church

• Like 1

Why is she called Baroness Mone of Mayfair, when she's from Glasgow?