Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

Density of population has very little to do with viability in terms of having a population base that is able to support public services at a level we deserve and expect.

There are micro states, dependencies and fully independent, with smaller populations than ours that manage, however most appear to depend on a nearby much larger state for some services.

Surely we should have looked more closely at for instance electricity supply then rather than saddle the island with crippling debt !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And yet we still need  £300,000 spending at the airport so less passengers suffer less delays £80,000,000 spending on the port to process less passengers £30,000,000 on the Liverpool do

Easy to increase visitor numbers - take control of the boats and discount ferry crossings massively. I suspect the SPC is the main reason for the decline as they have shareholders to answer to who are

And only last week we had Chris Thomas on here telling us how wonderfully attractive they're making the island to people!

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, asitis said:

Surely we should have looked more closely at for instance electricity supply then rather than saddle the island with crippling debt !

We did but it wouldn't of made a few people wealthy beyond their dreams!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Paul Moulton interview with Rob Callister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BG-3kJycck&feature=youtu.be

As anyone could have predicted I suppose from his outburst on here. Everything was everyone else’s fault, he wasn’t consulted on anything, and he knew about the information and the news release but wasn’t responsible for the timing of the release (or indeed anything else at all). Evidently had time to write a 1000 word plus rambling mental blog though that went out afterwards and spend all weekend on Facebook and ManxForums by the look of it defending himself. Although looks like he's spent the last week sleeping in a bus stop. 

Edited by Kevmeister
Spelling
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

Costs more to get a taxi from the airport than to fly here

In very isolated incidents. He needs to be careful. He’ll be pissing of the taxi drivers next accusing them of having high fares and causing another mad uproar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are spending more when they come to the Isle of Man because it's very expensive to provide services here

Jersey & Guernsey have much bigger promotion budgets than we do

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I thought that was a pretty fair response from Rob Callister

It is the case though that tourism needs to take a leap into the 21st century, especially when it comes to collecting visitor data

We don't have the hitech installations in MNH & other sites that we need if the island is to be relatively competitive in modern markets

Edited by Donald Trumps
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevmeister said:

As anyone could have predicted I suppose from his outburst on here. Everything was everyone else’s fault, he wasn’t consulted on anything, and he knew about the information and the news release but wasn’t responsible for the timing of the release (or indeed anything else at all). Evidently had time to write a 1000 word plus rambling mental blog though that went out afterwards and spend all weekend on Facebook and ManxForums by the look of it defending himself. Although looks like he's spent the last week sleeping in a bus stop. 

It wasn’t an outburst and I have never blamed anyone else for my own mistakes......

As I mentioned yesterday, I am surprised that you have been able to access or set up additional accounts(s) once again. 

I don’t mind criticism or challenge - that’s part of the role - but your personal agenda is clearly there for everyone to see....

I ask people to read my Blog or to follow my Activities on FB, feel free to use the Block Button. 

And aplogies that my Beard offends you....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

For god's sake (other deity's are availible) Do not give them ideas. Another £300,000 on electronic barriers

Even more expensive than the rising bollards one T. Brown had the DOI install in Castletown. Whatever happened to them, BTW?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

It wasn’t an outburst and I have never blamed anyone else for my own mistakes......

As I mentioned yesterday, I am surprised that you have been able to access or set up additional accounts(s) once again. 

I don’t mind criticism or challenge - that’s part of the role - but your personal agenda is clearly there for everyone to see....

I ask people to read my Blog or to follow my Activities on FB, feel free to use the Block Button. 

And aplogies that my Beard offends you....  

Perhaps you should state which "additional accounts" have been "set up" and by whom , a failure to do so will IMO would not be helpful .

For the record I did ask you for the cost of your "media awareness training" , to date your have either been unwilling or unable to divulge that information, either way it does not enhance your credibility IMO.

Just saying 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...