Globetrotter at it again

49 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Fault lies more with the president of Tynwald for not allowing the Keys to reach a majority in favour of their preferred candidate

And the Clerk to Tynwald who should have known the voting procedures. That election will go down as one of the biggest electoral frauds in Tynwald history. It was an utter shambles.

• Like 2
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which proved itself to be a pre cursor for good Government when exactly?

He is paying for the trip himself apparently. Though I'm not sure if it's coming from the £1million in farming grants we gave him or the £500k we're paying him to fuck things up for 5 years.

Just listend to the buffoon going on about all the meetings he has been having and how they will save the economy maybee not today as these things take time. but in thirty years you watch. Also allude

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

And the Clerk to Tynwald who should have known the voting procedures. That election will go down as one of the biggest electoral frauds in Tynwald history. It was an utter shambles.

I think it highly likely that the Clerk of Tynwald knew exactly what he was doing. Joined at the hip with blatherer Rodent.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, Manx Bean said:

BOOM! And there it is...creeping seemingly unnoticed by the many...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39911&headline=Quayle in London to drum up business for the Isle of Man at Commonwealth event&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

See the line - Mr Quayle, who represented the Isle of Man at a Commonwealth trade event in the Gold Coast last week, said: ’Brexit will bring great change to the economic landscape and the Isle of Man must position itself to take advantage of new opportunities. I believe there is value in developing our ties with the Commonwealth, which offers a global network of markets the island’s economy is well placed to support.’

I rest my case.

Absolutely disgraceful of Quayle. How dare the Chief Minister when on a private holiday take time out and attend an event trying to drum up some interest in the Isle of Man. I hope he has learnt his lesson and next time states, go and take a hike I am on holiday, why should spend time trying sell the Isle of Man.

I appreciate you may not like Quayle which is fair enough. To criticise somebody for taking time out when on holiday trying to drum up business in the IoM I find mind boggling. That is the effing job of the Chief Minister according to Alan Bell, who in my view is the worst CM I can remember the Island has had. Basically Bell and his side kick Teare where a partnership made in hell.

What I would say though is that I am not sure the and the likes Miles Walker and Donald Gelling were really much better. They just had the advantage of lots of money coming into the Govt bank account so did not have any really difficult to decisions to make. They could just splash the cash. Look at this list of CM's Walker, Gelling, Corkill, Brown, Bell and Quayle. If we think HQ is the worst I suggest people have short memories. I am not suggesting he is brilliant or near the top of the list just that as time passes we forget what some of the others were like 

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Absolutely disgraceful of Quayle. How dare the Chief Minister when on a private holiday take time out and attend an event trying to drum up some interest in the Isle of Man. I hope he has learnt his lesson and next time states, go and take a hike I am on holiday, why should spend time trying sell the Isle of Man.

He only went all that way because he thought the airline had said you got 'hair miles'.

download-1.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

He only went all that way because he thought the airline had said you got 'hair miles'.

download-1.jpeg

I presume you are immortal as anybody who had a finite lifespan, no matter how long, would not have wasted any part of it posting that "joke"

Manx Bean needs to take a chill pill and stop being so petty minded Howard Quayle is doing what he was elected to do and Inam sure Manx Bean would not have a clue how to do the job, easy to criticise , not an easy job and he has not got the advantage other team leaders have he does not get to choose his team he has to work with what the public have wished on him and some of them are not up to spark.

10 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I appreciate you may not like Quayle which is fair enough. To criticise somebody for taking time out when on holiday trying to drum up business in the IoM I find mind boggling. That is the effing job of the Chief Minister according to Alan Bell

So that's his business role according to the MHK who "deliberately misled" Tynwald and then went on to become CM...?

Any suspicion around Mr Quayle's actions and motivation are, in my opinion, entirely the fault of - Mr Quayle.

His last trip to the Antipodes was in the company of one Mark Charters and their outputs were what exactly?

All these other trips to the HoC and so forth, where are the Exec Summaries?

Politicians work for the electorate because that's what the electorate are paying them for  Therefore they have a right to know what their money is buying them.

As it stands at the moment it seems they are getting vapourware for their taxes and clearly that's not good enough....

• Like 1

HQ is entitled to a) have a holiday, and b) pay for it out of his own funds. To then say he has attended meetings etc in his capacity as Chief Minister is not acceptable. If he has minutes of the meetings and the outcomes fine, as one day it will be freely available. Any island resident who goes to Australia, USA or Canada on holiday, or any other destination, could in all fairness, arrange meetings on behalf of ‘IOMPLC’ and start making promises and pretend to be a ‘big noise’. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, P.K. said:

His last trip to the Antipodes was in the company of one Mark Charters and their outputs were what exactly?

Ahh. Mr Charters.

Lest we forget:

5ae1989bb1c94_Howard-Charters01.jpg.dc0350117f756baa97cbf014eda4b1ff.jpg

• Haha 2