Nobles park. The Peoples Park

Since when has the police/department of home affairs had permission to use the camp ground in the park as an over spill car park since they took up all the parking with shiney new cells. when they traditionaly used the hard standing paddock area, again with who's permission. while I understand it is an extra 50 yards to walk in inclement weather if it ai'nt brought to brook now the goverment will think they and not the people of Douglas own this property.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm guessing they will have done a deal with Douglas Corporation. DC let them use the car park and the police won't look too closely into the missing Mayors chain...

No pitch and putt . a third of the park is given over to a dog toilet. Police used to park on the hard paddock area and never police vehicles. Just seems to be that crapped out surveilance vehicle tha

The pitch & putt course was actually pretty good.  I remember playing there as a teenager while a prisoner shouted abuse at us from his cell.  I challenged him to "come here and say that".  I've n

1 hour ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Since when has the police/department of home affairs had permission to use the camp ground in the park as an over spill car park since they took up all the parking with shiney new cells. when they traditionaly used the hard standing paddock area, again with who's permission. while I understand it is an extra 50 yards to walk in inclement weather if it ai'nt brought to brook now the goverment will think they and not the people of Douglas own this property.

No idea, why don't you ask THEM?

I'm guessing they will have done a deal with Douglas Corporation. DC let them use the car park and the police won't look too closely into the missing Mayors chain...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

That park was left for the people by Henry Bloom Noble and there were lots of clauses regarding useage be interesting to see if they have been adhered to.   On the bright side when the Corpy install the new water feature and it is underused because of our usual summer cold and wet weather it can always be used as a car wash.

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

That park was left for the people by Henry Bloom Noble and there were lots of clauses regarding useage be interesting to see if they have been adhered to.   On the bright side when the Corpy install the new water feature and it is underused because of our usual summer cold and wet weather it can always be used as a car wash.

Same could be said when they close off the park for TT week. Stop people going onto the Villa Marina balcony walkway during major events

59 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

How many times do you have to be told? There will be no further mention of the Mayoress's chain, not ever. I've got an ace picture of it though, well worth at least a tenner off cash for gold :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh go away with your facts, no room for them here.

I seem to remember a news item a while ago, such is cutting edge Manx news, stating an agreement to use the park for parking. I'm sure it was quite a time before Camp X-Flint was delivered on the back of wagons via IoMSPC such is the Manx Government building system.

22 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

The new custody installation lost the cops SIX car park spaces. The Nobles overspill has been used for long before that. The Corpagh and the cops have an agreement. When it is needed for other stuff they bugger off elsewhere. 

Would that be the police or the others who “bugger off” elsewhere? Just kidding.

It does raise the issue of what purposes a “people’s park” should be used for.

Grandstand and Pit Lane used 4 weeks a year.

Camping site and motorhome Park, under-utilised apart from 4 weeks a year.

various buildings

Pitch & put, hardly ever used.

Large tarmac area.

Its an odd “park”.

No pitch and putt . a third of the park is given over to a dog toilet. Police used to park on the hard paddock area and never police vehicles. Just seems to be that crapped out surveilance vehicle that has been as much use in crowd (over six people on the island) control as an ash tray on a bicycle

• Like 3

The pitch & putt course was actually pretty good.  I remember playing there as a teenager while a prisoner shouted abuse at us from his cell.  I challenged him to "come here and say that".  I've never topped that moment.  It's all been downhill since then.

Edited by Mr. Sausages
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2