Porsche Legends

Amadeus

On 28/04/2018 at 7:47 AM, manxb&b said:

Come on Declan/China, If the op had been LC and the comment made by me or ND you'd have been all over this. A little consistency please.  :lol:

There were forty minutes between Gizo’s post and yours. At 7am on Saturday morning. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I wasn’t replying to Amadeus. Just to Manx B&B demanding I respond to a post within 40 minutes of it being posted on a Saturday morning. Even SJWs have to rest sometimes. 

Lol, jeez dude, you don't half take life (and yourself) seriously. No demands there, just a laughing emoji to show it wasn't serious and that I was, well, having a laugh. Not really big on 'having a laugh' though are you Declan!

On 28/04/2018 at 10:37 AM, Amadeus said:

The island doesn't strike me as a place that should go 'yawn' at some free global publicity.

There’d be some bellend bringing those cars to drive on our roads.

why in the article does it rave on about driving the TT course when the picture is Marine drive.  

18 hours ago, Declan said:

Oh, you think you’re funny! :lol:

Yeah, have you not seen my new DVD ''manxb&b funny as fuck live from the Palladium''? I can send you a signed copy if you like, at cost ;).  I was wondering if that was the first time you've ever used the laughing emoji btw?:D

Probably, I don’t use emojis generally. 

I think they tend to obscure meaning rather than enhance it. Words have meaning - you can look them up in dictionaries. And I’ve been using them a long time. 

Pictures are open to interpretation (that’s why it’s fun to visit an art gallery and put your own interpretation on the pictures). In the case of laughing emoji, particularly in the context you used it, that looks to me like a scoffing or jeering emoji. Laughing at rather than with.

Also if you need to signal that you’re trying to be funny, you’re probably not.  

Thanks for the offer of the DVD, but I think I’ll wait for it to come on Dave. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Declan said:

I think they tend to obscure meaning rather than enhance it. Words have meaning - you can look them up in dictionaries. And I’ve been using them a long time. 

Pictures are open to interpretation (that’s why it’s fun to visit an art gallery and put your own interpretation on the pictures). In the case of laughing emoji, particularly in the context you used it, that looks to me like a scoffing or jeering emoji. Laughing at rather than with.

:whatever:

45 minutes ago, Declan said:

I'm of the opinion that there's a difference between signalling you're trying to be funny and communicating the fact you're not being serious (which was my intention), although I guess the lines can become blurred at times.

• Like 2