Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
craggy_steve

Steam Packet to be sold

I have just spoken to my son who came across on the fast craft last night from LPL. His verbatim remarks were " bloody awful that boat , freezing cold, no facilities, you feel like you've paid someone £500.00 to flee Syria !"

Not a great advertisement for our "lifeline " service !!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I have just spoken to my son who came across on the fast craft last night from LPL. His verbatim remarks were " bloody awful that boat , freezing cold, no facilities, you feel like you've paid someone £500.00 to flee Syria !"

Not a great advertisement for our "lifeline " service !!

Sounds like a whinger to me. He does know it's not supposed to be a yacht doesn't he? It's a ferry crossing the Irish Sea coming into winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Sounds like a whinger to me. He does know it's not supposed to be a yacht doesn't he? It's a ferry crossing the Irish Sea coming into winter.

........ at luxury yacht pricing ! no he's not a whinger perhaps like some of us, are sick of accepting second best in everything we do whilst spending bucket loads of hard earned taxpayers cash ! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, LightBulb said:

Or a bridge, if you built a bridge, its not that far from Scotland to the IOM  ( 20 / 30 miles @ 60mph, half an hours drive ), you could charge £200 each way for a car, and still be cheaper than the Steam Packet, ( or is that a bridge too far ) ?

£200 each way is a bit steep. Now if they charged £200 for a return ticket...

Was the sailing rough? They seem to lower the temperature if it is, less people chucking up.

43 minutes ago, buzz said:

Was the sailing rough? They seem to lower the temperature if it is, less people chucking up.

We crossed not so long ago when it was (rarely) like a millpond. Absolutely fucking freezing in the lounges. So we moved to enjoy the smell of exhaust fumes in the bar where it was marginally warmer.

Not good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have just listened and watched that complete joker Ray Harmer on MTTV being interviewed by Paul Moulton. Confusion reigns, hardly a straight answer given, regarding the berthing facilities in Liverpool for post 2019. Between the three twerps Harmer, Cannan and HRH The Chief Minister, they can’t even solve a problem. If they can’t solve this little conundrum what chance have they got with £50 Enterprise Development Fund?, Brexit? VAT inquiry regarding Aircraft? and VAT revenue sharing agreement. What the fcuk at these idiots doing or saying, considering a) The Chair of Peel Holdings lives on the island, you would think there would be a rapport there or perhaps an element of goodwill, or flexibility, or on the other hand, perhaps he like many, have got the measure of our politicos. Next b) Our collective idiots keep spouting about contacts and influence - I wonder if they made the time to discuss IOMSPC berthing arrangements post 2019, with Joe Anderson, Mayor of Liverpool? Have they discussed this as well with the Metro Mayor of Merseyside Steve Rotheram? As someone who uses the Steam Packet regularly, I travel via Heysham and Liverpool. This is no beginning to look like a farce, like everything IOMG touches!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I have just listened and watched that complete joker Ray Harmer on MTTV being interviewed by Paul Moulton. Confusion reigns, hardly a straight answer given, regarding the berthing facilities in Liverpool for post 2019. Between the three twerps Harmer, Cannan and HRH The Chief Minister, they can’t even solve a problem.

For a man with an MSC in Engineering from Cambridge Harmer goes a passable impression of Forrest Gump whenever asked to explain what on earth the total dead-beats under him are doing next. The man is a complete joke. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

For a man with an MSC in Engineering from Cambridge Harmer goes a passable impression of Forrest Gump whenever asked to explain what on earth the total dead-beats under him are doing next. The man is a complete joke. 

Just like the rest of them. Mushroom syndrome. Kept in the dark and fed sh1t. Then regurgitate it occasionally.

Keep it up for long enough and receive handsome reward. Even if millions have been squandered. No questions will be asked.

• Sad 1

It seems that there are a lot of new 'members' of the SPCo onboard Executive Club since the takeover, must be one of the CS perks?

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

It seems that there are a lot of new 'members' of the SPCo onboard Executive Club since the takeover, must be one of the CS perks?

Source?

33 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Source?

A friend who travels twice weekly, he noticed a lot of new faces amongst the regulars. They have their own lounge costing £345 pa so you get to know who is a regular. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

A friend who travels twice weekly, he noticed a lot of new faces amongst the regulars. They have their own lounge costing £345 pa so you get to know who is a regular. 

I doubt personally whether Manannan Executive Club membership is a civil service perk, but unfortunately with this administration in power, the lines of good practice has been blurred somewhat. Manannan Executive Club is open to anybody, and as someone who travels off the rock every month, I can say that it’s a good facility. However, you need to travel regularly if it is to be of good value. 

• Like 2