Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Some rich fellas living here these days....

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

IOM Govt should do online gambling instead of selling TT T shirts and we could all live off the profits.

You could buy a few Steam Packets for £3.5 billion. 

57 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Andy Gray and Richard Keys present the football on BEin sports. No gambling adverts on there. Love Richard Keys anti-piracy thing "if you are watching this outside our broadcast zone please don't".

If BEin really didnt want people to watch in the UK then they would hire Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp.

Stopped me watching Sky Sports anyway.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, Lxxx said:

Some very clever and commercially savvy people in there. I didn't know the cannabis oil guy was one of them. Total no brainer why we don't expand that industry here, huge growth potential and we have a billionaire on the rock who could assist government in building it.

as usual we've missed the fucking boat.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/postcard-from-alderney-wish-you-were-high-rkcf7pgq0

On 5/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, La Colombe said:

It really is quite mental, gambling is the new tobacco. The advertising for it and sponsorship by it is everywhere. We're drowning in it. And it can all be given the thumbs up by simply adding "When the fun stops, stop". Like it's that simple. I know a few people who work in gambling on the island, I won't say who for, but the bonuses they brag about at the end of each year are quite staggering. Disgusting industry. 

I 100% agree, I wonder when the Isle of Man will actually have a main income that isn't morally bankrupt. The three legs of Mann should all have fishnet stockings and suspenders on because if the Island is going to whore itself out it may as well look like one.

Edited by yootalkin2me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, twinkle said:

That's all very well but for the last fucking time it doesn't need legalizing it needs the prohibition ending. Asking for it to be legalised is accepting that the Government need to make decisions for us when in fact we do not. 

There was a time in the world where nothing was illegal just the co.mon law 'do no harm or cause no loss' but then religions, committees and Governments decided to fucking make laws to gradually erode our basic rights and now we've go too many ficking laws...twats, the lot of 'em!

• Like 5

does it make any difference? chinese aren't allowed to gamble inside/outside china but they all do.....

23 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

That's all very well but for the last fucking time it doesn't need legalizing it needs the prohibition ending. Asking for it to be legalised is accepting that the Government need to make decisions for us when in fact we do not. 

There was a time in the world where nothing was illegal just the co.mon law 'do no harm or cause no loss' but then religions, committees and Governments decided to fucking make laws to gradually erode our basic rights and now we've go too many ficking laws...twats, the lot of 'em!

They're all busy taxing us to waste our money further. Scratching away at every money grasping opportunity.

Spending other people's money is the far easier route through life.

And nobody audits them or holds them to account properly...as when you vote to change the government...only the government gets in and does the same as the last government - regardless of their colour. They look after only themselves and their pensions and create numerous non-jobs year after year.

Books on taxation fill half of our fookin libraries these days.

• Like 4

...by the way...anyone recently analysed how personal tax allowances on the island and when you start paying tax at 10 and 20% have been changing over recent years?

IMO...If this IOM treasury trend continues the middle earners here, with taxes along with NI, will within very few years be facing tax at similar levels to the UK...especially considering the higher cost of living on the island.

Interested on your thoughts on that.

29 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

...by the way...anyone recently analysed how personal tax allowances on the island and when you start paying tax at 10 and 20% have been changing over recent years?

IMO...If this IOM treasury trend continues the middle earners here, with taxes along with NI, will within very few years be facing tax at similar levels to the UK...especially considering the higher cost of living on the island.

I've been banging on about it for years but it would seem nobody cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

I've been banging on about it for years but it would seem nobody cares.

Maybe you should have typed it :)

44 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Maybe you should have typed it :)

I have!

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

The higher cost of living isn't enough to over compensate for 45% of your wage disappearing before you see it at the end of each month or the cost of commuting by public transport into a major city each day or capital gains tax if you fancy trying to better your lot or even trying to buy a house in an area where you're less likely to wake up to a machete in your kids face in the middle of the night.