Thieving airport posties

thesultanofsheight

Saw this before 

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=40463&headline=Men sentenced for airport thefts&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

So three people got done for nicking £50k worth of goods in the post and, it would seem, that perhaps there is still a thieving “person or persons unknown” happily still at work being paid by the public purse for being a robbing, thieving, bastard, while we’re paying his pension for him. Maybe that’s why the queues at the airport are kept so long so that they can secretly rifle through your pockets as you wait 45 minutes to so through security? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

I hazily seem to remember something similar a few years back but I think the perpetrators were at the Post Office in Liverpool where the letter post the island was sorted. I think it comes via East Midlands now so it was a long time back.

I believe that mailbags on the loaded plane were being tampered with before the crew arrived to fly it to the island early in the morning. I think they were caught with a covert camera.

Edit: not sure if it made the papers back then.

Edited by ballaughbiker
  • Like 1

Nearly £50,000 total plus the inconvenience (and probably a lot more than just inconvenience in many cases) and the robbing twats get a few months each, already laughably inadequate sentencing which I guess will be halved again with good behaviour.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I linked to the article. You seem to support thieving government workers as you’re clearly getting so angry about it. 

No, dickwad, he might be an honest postie who you have insulted with your half arsed comment/link

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:
4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I linked to the article. You seem to support thieving government workers as you’re clearly getting so angry about it. 

No, dickwad, he might be an honest postie who you have insulted with your half arsed comment/link

I think TSOS made an understandable error in assuming they were posties, as the article does not make it that obvious that they were not.

Not everyone would know that posties don't actually work at the airport..

Quite worrying though that more people were involved and not caught and maybe are still trusted with OUR mail.

It does however clearly say 3 former airport workers, so from that it is very easy to ascertain it's the baggage handlers who were previously employed there and not "posties" who are employed by the post office. This also means they would NOT still be handling/stealing our mail as also suggested because we all know they were made redundant.

Maxmann in no way suggests he supports thieving Government workers either, jeez!

On the upside, as often the case when thieving of this value happens, there's likely more court time to be had for part 2 :-)

3 minutes ago, Battling the System! said:

It does however clearly say 3 former airport workers, so from that it is very easy to ascertain it's the baggage handlers who were previously employed there and not "posties" who are employed by the post office. This also means they would NOT still be handling/stealing our mail as also suggested because we all know they were made redundant.

Maxmann in no way suggests he supports thieving Government workers either, jeez!

On the upside, as often the case when thieving of this value happens, there's likely more court time to be had for part 2 :-)

So nobody else has access to mail at the airport ?