Jump to content

Paris knife attack


woody2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there really any significance in using ones, "real name?" Does it add credibility to the poster? Do posters using their "real name" see themselves as more virtuous, more honest?

Poor argument. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Is there really any significance in using ones, "real name?" Does it add credibility to the poster? Do posters using their "real name" see themselves as more virtuous, more honest?

Poor argument. 

Yes. It means that I take responsibility for what I post. If I slander or threaten someone, they can take appropriate action against me. Woody posts quite vicious insults and in this latest instance wishes my family dead in a terrorist attack because he disagrees with something I have written.  He does so under anonymity.  

I normally ignore or tolerate his aggressive, unpleasant posts but in this instance he has clearly gone too far. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Is there really any significance in using ones, "real name?" Does it add credibility to the poster? Do posters using their "real name" see themselves as more virtuous, more honest?

Poor argument. 

Woody didn't accuse him of not being credible, virtuous, or honest.  He accused him of hiding behind his keyboard. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, guzzi said:

Yes. It means that I take responsibility for what I post. If I slander or threaten someone, they can take appropriate action against me. Woody posts quite vicious insults and in this latest instance wishes my family dead in a terrorist attack because he disagrees with something I have written.  He does so under anonymity.  

I normally ignore or tolerate his aggressive, unpleasant posts but in this instance he has clearly gone too far. 

have you read the forum rules.....

Quote

5. If any Post, Blog or Attachment gives rise to a claim in law of any type, the owners will take immediate legal advice and notify you of the nature of the complaint. The poster will be then given a period of 48 hours to voluntarily respond directly to the complainant before the owners will provide both the relevant E-mail and IP address information to the concerned party. By accepting the Terms & Conditions you specifically give your consent to this information being released in the event of the threat of or actual legal action.

:whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

"Isis" in europe are far less organised than the ira were. It's basically lone wolf or a couple of nutjobs that then get attributed to this mystical enemy that we invented in the first place.

If only.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Is there really any significance in using ones, "real name?" Does it add credibility to the poster? Do posters using their "real name" see themselves as more virtuous, more honest?

Poor argument. 

No, I don't believe there is any significance. I'd rather know what somebody really thinks than know their name. If you are signing off on everything you post it obviously is going to have a bearing on what the individual contributes. In the real world we all run businesses or have jobs and would have to modify our output, particularly in a small community where one contrary view or another could leave us at a disadvantage. It shouldn't but it could. We are all human. More virtuous? More honest? No. Probably just less candid and the place would be rather tame and far more circumspect.

As for Guzzi, I had never noticed his name under his avatar before and had no idea it was there until just now.

I was going to point out that the anonymity is just a day to day utility anyway because there isn't any hiding place for posting actionable content, but Woody beat me to it by quoting the conditions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

No, I don't believe there is any significance. I'd rather know what somebody really thinks than know their name. If you are signing off on everything you post it obviously is going to have a bearing on what the individual contributes. In the real world we all run businesses or have jobs and would have to modify our output, particularly in a small community where one contrary view or another could leave us at a disadvantage. It shouldn't but it could. We are all human. More virtuous? More honest? No. Probably just less candid and the place would be rather tame and far more circumspect.

As for Guzzi, I had never noticed his name under his avatar before and had no idea it was there until just now.

I was going to point out that the anonymity is just a day to day utility anyway because there isn't any hiding place for posting actionable content, but Woody beat me to it by quoting the conditions.

Well my meat world name is Avrum Ben-Yusuf.

At least it is in shul!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

have you read the forum rules.....

:whistling:

Irrelevent. You accused me of hiding behind my keyboard., when it is the very thing that you do and which I do not. After you wished me and my family dead in a terrorist attack.

Edited by guzzi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, guzzi said:

Irrelevent. You accused me of hiding behind my keyboard., when it is the very thing that you do and which I do not. After you wished me and my family dead in a terrorist attack.

so in your world:rolleyes: innocent people sat outside a cafe in paris get murdered because of a policy you support......

how much collateral damage is ok to you?

you don't seem bothered about murders unless it effects your family- typical selfish lefty snowflake..... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so in your world:rolleyes: innocent people sat outside a cafe in paris get murdered because of a policy you support......

how much collateral damage is ok to you?

you don't seem bothered about murders unless it effects your family- typical selfish lefty snowflake..... 

 

I keep telling you, it is affect in that context and not effect.

I have no idea where you find the things that you attribute to me above. Certainly not in anything I have written. But as I have observed already, your comprehension of written English is very limited.

The correct things for you to do now are:

1. Apologise for expressing the hope that I or my family are killed in a terrorist attack because my opinion differs from yours.

2. Apologise for falsely accusing me of hiding behind a keyboard.

3. Refrain from being making distressing and insulting posts in future.

Edited by guzzi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so in your world:rolleyes: innocent people sat outside a cafe in paris get murdered because of a policy you support......

how much collateral damage is ok to you?

you don't seem bothered about murders unless it effects your family- typical selfish lefty snowflake..... 

 

What do you care about french people woody? I'd wager less

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Which is never then. May as well have said your name is Hiawatha when you’re in the sweat-lodge.

So ONCE AGAIN you demonstrate that you know NOTHING about the religion that you criticise so much and so persistently.

FYI a child is introduced to shul on the eighth day after birth where the child is given his or her Hebrew name. That name is a name that is very often separate from the conventional name that appears on his or her birth certificate.

Why?

I'll tell you.

Tradition (cue music from Fiddler on the Roof!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...