50mph Limit For Coast Road

La Colombe

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

That’s sort of the point - it’s a pretty solid deterrent, or mind focusser if you are hammering along with your house on the line If it goes wrong. 

I would have thought getting decapitated or smashing into a lamp post would already be a mind focusser but apparently not, it is being under insured that will make them ride safely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

I would have thought getting decapitated or smashing into a lamp post would already be a mind focusser but apparently not, it is being under insured that will make them ride safely.

Me too, but I think there tends to be a 'I'll be fine and the bike/car is insured.." attitude amongst some. 

I'd support making 50 mph the maximum limit permanently. The coast road, like all our major roads, is a rural A road and it has numerous villages and settlements along the way, many bends and hazards and  quite poor surfaces in places. It is really unsuitable for high speeds.

Edited by guzzi
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, guzzi said:

I'd support making 50 mph the maximum limit permanently. The coast road, like all our major roads, is a rural A road and it has numerous villages and settlements along the way, many bends and hazards and  quite poor surfaces in places. It is really unsuitable for high speeds.

what?-like the tt course......