£250,000?

La Colombe

There must certainly be a boost in advertising revenue for the TT with local companies and also larger organisations. I'd doubt that this would cover the cost of broadcasting the event and having a stand alone channel like Radio TT. MR still have their usual coverage transferred to MW to provide. Having said this, do they ever break down their costs before the Treasury parts with these ever increasing demands?

34 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They stick radiott on MW and keep their regular programming on FM don't they? There's a load of money to be saved right there, just do radiott for the fortnight. 

If they did that, the next thing would be folk saying if we can do without Manx Radio programmes for a fortnight, we can do without them full stop.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

FFS, really? So we’re basically saying there is no interest in the TT so we have to pay people to provide media coverage on it? 

Sort of throws Mr Collisters advertising theory out...

• Like 1

Don't we hear every year, 'Manx Radio TT sponsored by' .... We never hear 'Manx Radio TT sponsored by the tax payer', and one year, that money stolen from the islanders who paid the TV Tax, who were due a refund, but it went to Manx Radio instead of the people who paid it. While we are at it, still nowt has changed, so is that refund still coming every year - and not going back into the pockets of the people who paid it?

Why don't they just ask the sponsor for a bit more - or would mean 59 minutes of adverts and 1 minute of coverage?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Why don't they just ask the sponsor for a bit more - or would mean 59 minutes of adverts and 1 minute of coverage?

Because the sponsor will just go to 3fm. (Well, maybe)

Actually then, why don't Government just put TT radio coverage out to tender?

1 hour ago, woolley said:

If they did that, the next thing would be folk saying if we can do without Manx Radio programmes for a fortnight, we can do without them full stop.

Well... you know... that argument could be made...

Do they produce a daily review, like an hour long podcast or something? Done right I bet that could be super popular all over the world.

Also, this request and sports rights and all that makes Rob chucking his weight around last year 'protecting the brand' and all that shit look even sadder.

• Like 2

Hah hah!

I see now. This is a bit of reverse confidential commercial privilege or whatever they call it.

Manx Radio pick an outrageous figure and put it out there. In the hope that Ronnie B and Georgie Boy and crew will think this is the sort of sum it takes to run Radio TT when 3fm come to tender.

Listened to the audio of this what Pugh actually said is that they receive zero income from Radio TT this actually goes straight into the Govt coffers. So when they ask for £250,000 this is in theory to cover the costs of broadcasting and the loss of commercial airtime. However, it is broadcast on MW and how many people actually listen to MW outside of TT? So I can't see the advertising revenue being hit that badly and that's probably why Cannan rebuffed the £250,000 and knocked it down something like £100,000 if I remember rightly. 

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Listened to the audio of this what Pugh actually said is that they receive zero income from Radio TT this actually goes straight into the Govt coffers. So when they ask for £250,000 this is in theory to cover the costs of broadcasting and the loss of commercial airtime. However, it is broadcast on MW and how many people actually listen to MW outside of TT? So I can't see the advertising revenue being hit that badly and that's probably why Cannan rebuffed the £250,000 and knocked it down something like £100,000 if I remember rightly. 

Is cannan a one man show these days ?

All we hear from him is "I" "Me" "My". One could be forgiven for thinking it was all HIS money. Can't stand the man.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

How many people listen to Manx Radio outside of the TT...? :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Is cannan a one man show these days ?

All we hear from him is "I" "Me" "My". One could be forgiven for thinking it was all HIS money. Can't stand the man.

Army training, leadership training. Taking control of the situation.

We hope?