Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Lxxx

Micropub

Recommended Posts

New micropub opening in Peel shortly.

No spirits, no kids, no technology just space for a dozen people drinking ale in a tiny boozer.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw some blurb about this, 6 beers on? Good luck to them

I'd be more likely to go if drinking in Peel didn't require nearly 4 hours on busses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ace - get in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just happened to be in Peel this evening.  Welcomed in for a chat and a peek, looking good.  Opening tomorrow, so I may well have to get Mrs X to drop me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish them well, nice to see different options appearing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peel is a good spot for a night out nowadays now the nutjob population has been diluted a bit by the influx of fresh dna. Did go on the ghost tour there a few years back. The guy that took his job a bit seriously informed us that at one time there was about 130 pubs in peel. Quite staggering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Peel is a good spot for a night out nowadays now the nutjob population has been diluted a bit by the influx of fresh dna. Did go on the ghost tour there a few years back. The guy that took his job a bit seriously informed us that at one time there was about 130 pubs in peel. Quite staggering

There is a book listing all the pubs over the years, Andreas had 40 or so at one time too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Peel is a good spot for a night out nowadays now the nutjob population has been diluted a bit by the influx of fresh dna. Did go on the ghost tour there a few years back. The guy that took his job a bit seriously informed us that at one time there was about 130 pubs in peel. Quite staggering

Does that not cloud your judgement ?:thumbsup:

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those 'ghost tours' used to exaggerate things a bit too. Those boys were on to a good thing for a while there. Good luck to the micro-pub though. Just what we need and yet another reason for visiting Peel. I sense the Island picking up again in some ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I think those 'ghost tours' used to exaggerate things a bit too. Those boys were on to a good thing for a while there. Good luck to the micro-pub though. Just what we need and yet another reason for visiting Peel. I sense the Island picking up again in some ways.

I sense the same and from speaking to a few people who share similar thoughts. Which seems to fly in the face of a number of key indicators like a declining population and the downsizing of the finance sector.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 11:34 PM, finlo said:

There is a book listing all the pubs over the years, Andreas had 40 or so at one time too.

I've got a copy of that - it's an interesting read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kevster said:

I've got a copy of that - it's an interesting read

How many were in Douglas at the time ?

400???;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At one time up to 1 in 10 houses had licenses to brew & sell beer I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....yes, I read somewhere there were 15 brewhouses in Ballaugh alone in the 1800s............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...