Fictional Legal Entities

guzzi

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/watch-accused-says-identity-a-legal-fiction-in-driving-case/

We seem to have another 'Freeman' on the Island.  Perhaps the late Tame Elf left a legacy of followers, or the whole 'Freeman' fallacy is more widespread than I have imagined. Or maybe when they're all out of ideas to excuse their driving offence, some people are prepared to try anything, even if it costs them their credibility.

37 minutes ago, guzzi said:

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/watch-accused-says-identity-a-legal-fiction-in-driving-case/

We seem to have another 'Freeman' on the Island.  Perhaps the late Tame Elf left a legacy of followers, or the whole 'Freeman' fallacy is more widespread than I have imagined. Or maybe when they're all out of ideas to excuse their driving offence, some people are prepared to try anything, even if it costs them their credibility.

"Late" Tame Elf?  Has he snuffed it?

The link back to manxman1980's post doesn't seem to work. Here's the FB post in question.

Like Declan, I saw the obituary.

There is an online site that debunks scams including the 'freeman'/Kate of Gaia stuff which covered TameElf's court appearance, and that reported that he appeared in very frail health at the time of his Court appearance.

post-34723-0-52630500-1465979016.jpg

Edited by guzzi
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, guzzi said:

As silly as this seems to you lot, there is much truth to this mans claims about the court summoning a legal fiction. 

I will wager the summons arrived in the format "MR EDWARD GLEN" and not Edward Glen....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gerrydandridge said:

As silly as this seems to you lot, there is much truth to this mans claims about the court summoning a legal fiction. 

I will wager the summons arrived in the format "MR EDWARD GLEN" and not Edward Glen....

There is bugger all truth to it. Time and time again this nonsense has been ignored by the courts with the poor souls who believed it being ones who lost out. To perpetuate the myth is both absurd and cruel, those doing do are praying on the innocent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gerrydandridge said:

Totally irrelevant. If the Court has the correct Individual in front of it, he can call himself anything he wants. It makes no difference. He still has to answer for his offences.