Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Nomadic Raptor

Nobles hospital

the rumpus about payments above the average is a red herring, by definition some figures must be above and some below the average, and we know everything costs more here than cheaper parts of another country which they are comparing with

Staff were being dropped since the VAT problem in 2008 was known by Management. Older,more expensive and more experienced staff were 'persuaded' to  retire early,or leave. A few of those that wouldnt go,were set-up so there was no choice.There was a recruitment freeze at that point too.It was admitted publicly a couple of years later. The big rush-for-the-door started in 2015,with Mrs Scott being moved after her disastrous 'invisible letter' performance in Court defending against Mr Boughdaddy.Read it online,it's very enlightening indeed.Despite the case being very one-sided,the Hospital actually won it unbeleivably. A travesty.Scott should have been sacked,deserved it immensely in my view,but was movd on to be estates director.Really,can anyone see her lift a spade,empty a bin,patch a hole in the road, she cant even bend down to put her wellies on.Not a damn clue.And no-one has heard from her since.The A&E Consultant, Mr Thorpe, appeared to have left the very week of the court case.This was likely after he realised Management had well and truly screwed him over for their own malicious ends. He was mentioned in court,and that was the last anyone heard from him.A nice guy too. Undoubtedly though, some are leaving because of the inability to do their jobs to the full extent they have been trained and so have lost the skills they need to remain competent.That is management's fault for being totally,extremely  risk averse, so send everyone to the UK unnecesarily.Risk averse? Yes,the Hospital has no insurance,due to insane premiums being demanded I understand.Maybe there was lots of payouts,maybe due to it's lack of regulation,and standards. The Treasury now provides both the insuance and the money to run the hospital, an extremely conflicted position.They are never going to admit mistakes now,because they will have to fork out every penny from existing budgets rather than from an 'investment' like insuance.When staff had seen how their colleagues were treated in that court case,and others afterwards,and in a plethora of trumped-up internal disciplinaries,you can understand why they have jumped off the rock.Just look what they did to Dr Khan.He won against them in court, in that they illegally suspended him with a total exclusion from the Hospital.The slow pace of the investigation into his doings means he is losing competence,and patience and the hope of it being properly sorted.That is what they do, just let people sweat it out until they leave.Then they don't have to pay a penny,and don't have to go to any court and defend themselves.Another case was the St Ninian's teacher who sadly died. His GP had referred him to the Hospital,and they put him on the urgent list.Then dropped him off it.It was in the papers.Nobles admitted liability on their part,and no part of the case against them was then heard,despite it being the main problem.Instead they went after the GP Dr Evans,as did the employment tribunal,hardly impartial to have blamed the whole case on him,and not even mention the Hospital's culpability.Not an impartial court,decision,or write-up.When people can see that,they realise how extremely vulnerable they are to kicks from our brilliant Government.There is no protection for them from the judicial process or from the defamatory unbalanced hyperbolic remarks made against them by the same judical process.They leave.Are you surprised?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kardassian Vulture said:

Staff were being dropped since the VAT problem in 2008 was known by Management. Older,more expensive and more experienced staff were 'persuaded' to  retire early,or leave. A few of those that wouldnt go,were set-up so there was no choice.There was a recruitment freeze at that point too.It was admitted publicly a couple of years later. The big rush-for-the-door started in 2015,with Mrs Scott being moved after her disastrous 'invisible letter' performance in Court defending against Mr Boughdaddy.Read it online,it's very enlightening indeed.Despite the case being very one-sided,the Hospital actually won it unbeleivably. A travesty.Scott should have been sacked,deserved it immensely in my view,but was movd on to be estates director.Really,can anyone see her lift a spade,empty a bin,patch a hole in the road, she cant even bend down to put her wellies on.Not a damn clue.And no-one has heard from her since.The A&E Consultant, Mr Thorpe, appeared to have left the very week of the court case.This was likely after he realised Management had well and truly screwed him over for their own malicious ends. He was mentioned in court,and that was the last anyone heard from him.A nice guy too. Undoubtedly though, some are leaving because of the inability to do their jobs to the full extent they have been trained and so have lost the skills they need to remain competent.That is management's fault for being totally,extremely  risk averse, so send everyone to the UK unnecesarily.Risk averse? Yes,the Hospital has no insurance,due to insane premiums being demanded I understand.Maybe there was lots of payouts,maybe due to it's lack of regulation,and standards. The Treasury now provides both the insuance and the money to run the hospital, an extremely conflicted position.They are never going to admit mistakes now,because they will have to fork out every penny from existing budgets rather than from an 'investment' like insuance.When staff had seen how their colleagues were treated in that court case,and others afterwards,and in a plethora of trumped-up internal disciplinaries,you can understand why they have jumped off the rock.Just look what they did to Dr Khan.He won against them in court, in that they illegally suspended him with a total exclusion from the Hospital.The slow pace of the investigation into his doings means he is losing competence,and patience and the hope of it being properly sorted.That is what they do, just let people sweat it out until they leave.Then they don't have to pay a penny,and don't have to go to any court and defend themselves.Another case was the St Ninian's teacher who sadly died. His GP had referred him to the Hospital,and they put him on the urgent list.Then dropped him off it.It was in the papers.Nobles admitted liability on their part,and no part of the case against them was then heard,despite it being the main problem.Instead they went after the GP Dr Evans,as did the employment tribunal,hardly impartial to have blamed the whole case on him,and not even mention the Hospital's culpability.Not an impartial court,decision,or write-up.When people can see that,they realise how extremely vulnerable they are to kicks from our brilliant Government.There is no protection for them from the judicial process or from the defamatory unbalanced hyperbolic remarks made against them by the same judical process.They leave.Are you surprised?

Quoted for posterity.

Mrs Scott was no more than a firewall to fend off complaints. Insidious and stubborn in her methods, fobbing people off from their complaints and wriggling off the hook. Her sidekick in the management suite was as bad, but I would add smug with it.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Quoted for posterity.

Mrs Scott was no more than a firewall to fend off complaints. Insidious and stubborn in her methods, fobbing people off from their complaints and wriggling off the hook. Her sidekick in the management suite was as bad, but I would add smug with it.

Nasty piece of work by all accounts. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Nasty piece of work by all accounts. 

Who was/is that ?

No doubt keen observers of the local media will be aware of the latest spat between Ray Reardon’s great-grandson David Ashford and the “patients group” Health and Care Association (HACA) over colonoscopy/endoscopy/internal (excuse the pun) reports etc.

Whilst I have little truck with Whispering Dave Ashford, another flimsy Minister, let us not forget that HACA is the creation of, and veiled mouthpiece for...Kate Beecroft! Now there’s an unbiased and objective commentator on health matters eh? Oh yes...and a comprehensive failure as Health Minister. I’ll be listening to precisely nothing that HACA has to say on anything. 

• Thanks 2

Beecroft was a complete disaster but now all of a sudden she is full of knowledge and questions, pity she did not sort out some of the troubles when she had the chance.   Nobles, the old Nobles was a teaching hospital and respected, this new Nobles is third world and treatment is roulette style some are lucky ..some not and this is not good enough Health is everything in this world if you have not got good health you have nothing.

18 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Beecroft was a complete disaster but now all of a sudden she is full of knowledge and questions, pity she did not sort out some of the troubles when she had the chance.   Nobles, the old Nobles was a teaching hospital and respected, this new Nobles is third world and treatment is roulette style some are lucky ..some not and this is not good enough Health is everything in this world if you have not got good health you have nothing.

Maybe she was too busy with a personal agenda ? Guessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Maybe she should have sacked the people she wanted to sack and was stopped from sacking them by the blustering escapades of her hapless junior member for health? Nothing much has gone right in the DHSC since really has it? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I can't help think you're being a tad disingenuous about a couple of things here Sid, old chap.

For a start, most NHS hospitals are 'teaching' hospitals in one way or another and Nobles is no exception . Yes, even the new Nobles.

What evidence do you have that Nobles treatment is akin to playing roulette?  Like it or not, a hospital is a factory,. People go in and most come out the other side. It's the way it is. I can't say I have ever heard or read anywhere that would indicate Nobles is third world and/or operates roulette style. Yes, it has it's problems; humans are involved what else do you expect?

Of course, if you would like Nobles to be all things to all men then you have to pay for it, so get your chequebook out.

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I can't help think you're being a tad disingenuous about a couple of things here Sid, old chap.

For a start, most NHS hospitals are 'teaching' hospitals in one way or another and Nobles is no exception . Yes, even the new Nobles.

What evidence do you have that Nobles treatment is akin to playing roulette?  Like it or not, a hospital is a factory,. People go in and most come out the other side. It's the way it is. I can't say I have ever heard or read anywhere that would indicate Nobles is third world and/or operates roulette style. Yes, it has it's problems; humans are involved what else do you expect?

Of course, if you would like Nobles to be all things to all men then you have to pay for it, so get your chequebook out.

Having said all the above the monumental balls up concerning the colonoscopy department should see heads roll, providing there's anyone left to boot out. I cant believe this goes as far back as 2011.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had three  ortho surgical procedures at Nobles. Waiting lists a bit long, but all three were first class on all counts. 

• Like 2

man in the pub says a lot of people are suing nobles one way or another for fuck ups,  lawyers love the place.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WTF said:

man in the pub says a lot of people are suing nobles one way or another for fuck ups,  lawyers love the place.

Man in the pub told me Theresa May was shagging Jacob Rees-Mogg to make sure he votes for her Brexit deal.

Also sold me a dodgy DVD of Mary Poppins. Nice bloke. 

PS : Man in pub is more reliable when said pub is within 100m of Athol St if it's lawyers gossip you want.