Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Nomadic Raptor

Nobles hospital

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

From memory, which is not great these days, it was a dispute regarding the treatment of private patients in NH time , he was I think allegedly, suspended whilst it was gone into but found not to have done anything untoward and reinstated.    He was held in great respect by a lot of patients but after this you can understand if he was reluctant to stay where he was not valued.   I am only going by what I read in the press so obviously any information given has to be treated with caution. 

Dilli appears to know more, but possibly it’s unwise to convey that knowledge on these pages.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Dilli appears pretends to know more, but won't actually say anything useful

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

From memory, which is not great these days, it was a dispute regarding the treatment of private patients in NH time , he was I think allegedly, suspended whilst it was gone into but found not to have done anything untoward and reinstated.    He was held in great respect by a lot of patients but after this you can understand if he was reluctant to stay where he was not valued.   I am only going by what I read in the press so obviously any information given has to be treated with caution. 

It's all on public record from the court case last October, so we can talk about it on the forums.  Deemster said suspension had to be lifted, not the disciplinary investigation into -

"1.Your current Job Plan does not reflect catual activity and may have resulted in overpayment;

2.You did not always pay the agreed room rate when consulting in private at Nobles Hospital which has resulted in financial cost to the organisation;

3.Asking administration staff to do work in their DHSC time in support of private practice;

4.Inappropriately writing prescriptions for private patients on Nobles Hospital prescription forms;

5.Use of public laboratory tests for private patients;

6.Use of public radiology tests for private patients;

7.Using public air ambulance service to transfer private patient to private UK facility;

8.Attempted coercion of administrative staff to alter diagnosis on insurance form to enable payment of claim;

9.Encouraging staff grade(s) to resign with the intention of carrying on working her (sic) at an enhanced rate with a resultant financial loss to the organisation;

10.Requesting your personal secretary to delete transfer private patient files to yourself and delete them from your computer which could constitute an attempt to hinder the investigation;

11.Utilising the NHS hours of administrative staff in relation to your private practice."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I believe his take on most things that anything you come out with

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Dilli appears pretends to know more, but won't actually say anything useful

:whistling:

What a bugger! 

I rate him very highly, especially as he probably saved my life. I have an appointment to see him in the next couple of weeks.  I suppose someone else will see me.

Just now, NoTail said:

What a bugger! 

I rate him very highly, especially as he probably saved my life. I have an appointment to see him in the next couple of weeks.  I suppose someone else will see me.

More likely that you'll get a cancellation letter on the day of the appointment, delivered to your house after you've already left to the appointment. This has happened to me twice.

2 minutes ago, NoTail said:

What a bugger! 

Who? Dilli...

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

More likely that you'll get a cancellation letter on the day of the appointment, delivered to your house after you've already left to the appointment. This has happened to me twice.

They do that on purpose.... especially for you...:flowers:

Wouldn't be a surprise. Then they send you a letter telling you you've missed the rearranged appointment (and that missing appointments costs the NHS money!!) that was apparently scheduled for before the one they cancelled.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Wouldn't be a surprise. Then they send you a letter telling you you've missed the rearranged appointment (and that missing appointments costs the NHS money!!) that was apparently scheduled for before the one they cancelled.

So many admin staff - so many cockups

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

It's all on public record from the court case last October, so we can talk about it on the forums.  Deemster said suspension had to be lifted, not the disciplinary investigation into -

"1.Your current Job Plan does not reflect catual activity and may have resulted in overpayment;

2.You did not always pay the agreed room rate when consulting in private at Nobles Hospital which has resulted in financial cost to the organisation;

3.Asking administration staff to do work in their DHSC time in support of private practice;

4.Inappropriately writing prescriptions for private patients on Nobles Hospital prescription forms;

5.Use of public laboratory tests for private patients;

6.Use of public radiology tests for private patients;

7.Using public air ambulance service to transfer private patient to private UK facility;

8.Attempted coercion of administrative staff to alter diagnosis on insurance form to enable payment of claim;

9.Encouraging staff grade(s) to resign with the intention of carrying on working her (sic) at an enhanced rate with a resultant financial loss to the organisation;

10.Requesting your personal secretary to delete transfer private patient files to yourself and delete them from your computer which could constitute an attempt to hinder the investigation;

11.Utilising the NHS hours of administrative staff in relation to your private practice."

That’s a helluva First XI

The new acting CEO at Nobles has appointed 4 new clinical directors. Start of a modernisation in clinical governance/management, including a clinical board.