Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Nomadic Raptor

Nobles hospital

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

According to contributors on Facebook there is a ridiculous waiting time for X-ray results, even the most urgent ones.   The reason given is staff on annual leave.   This is crazy, surely there are more staff that are over and cover the job of overseeing the results before they are released.    There are dozens of people waiting weeks for results and that is just Facebook members.    Not acceptable.

Yep. Facebook peeps are never wrong and know all the answers to everything. Well done.

17 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Has anyone else just heard the astonishing interview with Ashford on MR concerning the new “come and work in the IOM NHS” video that DHSC have apparently posted on social media. He was challenged on a number of the sentiments expressed including one in which a contributor says “We’re in the happy position that our services aren’t overwhelmed” (or very similar remark). How long are the waiting lists? When the female journalist verbally raised her eyebrows at that, Ashcroft’s Alice in Wonderland reply was that “Ah yes, well, it’s much worse in the UK NHS”. I see David, we’re legitimising telling untruths by reference to irrelevant circumstances in a different jurisdiction. Interesting policy.

When the journalist said (I’m paraphrasing) “Basically Minister, you’ve put this out on social media because it’s so full of spin, distortion and outright fibs that if it was on TV or radio the ASA would nail your arse to the wall” we were treated to the full weight of Ashford’s outrage at the “unfairness” of that remark. So that’s “yes”, isn’t it Minister?

You're damn right, my wife referred to pain clinic for 3 displaced discs after waiting 12 months for an MRI, waiting list for pain clinic 3 years at the time !!

The people who were complaining on Facebook about delays in getting X-ray results were genuine enough to put their names to their complaints.

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

The people who were complaining on Facebook about delays in getting X-ray results were genuine enough to put their names to their complaints.

Link, or it did not happen.:o

The people who were complaining on Facebook about delays in getting X-ray results were genuine enough to put their names to their complaints.    It was on yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

The people who were complaining on Facebook about delays in getting X-ray results were genuine enough to put their names to their complaints.    It was on yesterday.

On what ? 

I will probably get ban number 9 for this, but, I listen to "talking heads" more or less every day, as I like the program and have a lot of respect for Stu Peters.

However, the biggest moaners and whingers about life on our Isle of Man are people with quite strong northern English accents.

I have listened for years now and nothing has changed.

The moaners are not local and have probably come here to save tax and take advantage of our wonderful island and what is has to offer.

How dare they all moan that they cant get their bad back sorted in a week. After all, they have paid into the system all their lives ( about £10 per week)

Waited 20 years for an MRI cause I have a sore tummy. Got a sore throat and had to wait 5 years for an ultra sound.

We have a pretty good system here, but the snowflakes need to get a grip and stop wasting the time of medics who are busy enough treating serious needs.

Some may benefit by going home and fighting their own system and maybe then, they will see how well we have it here in comparison.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I’d hazard the guess they might have good perspective? They are used to having “good” treatment from the NHS where they grew up and are a bit confused as to why the treatment they get here is “shit” in comparison. It’s pretty unlikely that their expectations of tests and treatment are unreasonable in context. You seem to support the sloppy delivery of services as long as those delivering those services are paid well and don’t have to do too much. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’d hazard the guess they might have good perspective? They are used to having “good” treatment from the NHS where they grew up and are a bit confused as to why the treatment they get here is “shit” in comparison. It’s pretty unlikely that their expectations of tests and treatment are unreasonable in context. You seem to support the sloppy delivery of services as long as those delivering those services are paid well and don’t have to do too much. 

Bollocks.

If life was so good in the dales or wherever, why come here.

They earned their money over there, but retirement is shite in UK, so came here and want it on a plate.

Shame the boats are not that reliable as to go Every Morning.

Are those people not embarrassed to be seen as scroungers ?

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It’s last orders. I’d drink up and move on. You seem to have a problem with people moving here and expecting anything but apathy and insults for their tax and NI paid into our system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPB said:

It’s last orders. I’d drink up and move on. You seem to have a problem with people moving here and expecting anything but apathy and insults for their tax and NI paid into our system. 

Not paid into our system. Yes I do have an issue with English people coming here telling us what should be done. 

I take it you are not Manx then ?

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not paid into our system. Yes I do have an issue with English people coming here telling us what should be done. 

I take it you are not Manx then ?

As the hills, just not as self entitled and fundamentally lazy and grasping as you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrPB said:

As the hills, just not as self entitled and fundamentally lazy and grasping as you. 

Don't believe you Snowflake.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Don't believe you Snowflake.

Well your clear arrogance and sense of self entitlement clouds your view. People expect the IOM to step up to provide equivalent standards of care to the rest of the world. Not pay a bunch of Manx slackers top dollar to look down on them for expecting their tax and NI to convert to acceptable ‘service’.