Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Nomadic Raptor

Nobles hospital

1 minute ago, MrPB said:

Well your clear arrogance and sense of self entitlement clouds your view. People expect the IOM to step up to provide equivalent standards of care to the rest of the world. Not pay a bunch of Manx slackers top dollar to look down on them for expecting their tax and NI to convert to acceptable ‘service’. 

Sorry, but you are a dick and I am switching off. Sleep tight.:thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Sorry, but you are a dick and I am switching off. Sleep tight.:thumbsup:

I bet I’m more Manx than you. That’s a really poor show of Manx values you’ve posted. I’m sure Johnny Foreigner won’t expect even half decent treatment at Nobles after you’ve laid down the rules that apply now. 

Edited by MrPB

3 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I bet I’m more Manx than you. That’s a really poor show of Manx values you’ve posted. I’m sure Johnny Foreigner won’t expect even half decent treatment at Nobles after you’ve laid down the rules that apply now. 

Good.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, manxy said:

I agree with your comments and there's been a lot of retirements which has added to their problem. There's been some really good people who have left and this has had an impact on the remaining staff. Lots of clicks and backstabbing doesn't help things either!

Additional comment - Whether stress has been the reason or not then I couldn't say although very plausible, but there's been a lot of people who have retired recently and passed away.  Sods law!

Personal comment - Ashford working hard to keep in with the right people and will do and say whatever certain people ask and your Yes Minister comment is IMO, fairly realistic. That said, maybe I'm wrong and would be interested to hear of any objections that has been made against the drinks cabinet office to show he has the balls to stand against them if need be?

The word is clique.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Not paid into our system. Yes I do have an issue with English people coming here telling us what should be done. 

I take it you are not Manx then ?

Fortunately the Manx who leave to live in the West Country are not as narrow minded as yourself.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I will probably get ban number 9 for this, but, I listen to "talking heads" more or less every day, as I like the program and have a lot of respect for Stu Peters.

However, the biggest moaners and whingers about life on our Isle of Man are people with quite strong northern English accents.

I have listened for years now and nothing has changed.

The moaners are not local and have probably come here to save tax and take advantage of our wonderful island and what is has to offer.

How dare they all moan that they cant get their bad back sorted in a week. After all, they have paid into the system all their lives ( about £10 per week)

Waited 20 years for an MRI cause I have a sore tummy. Got a sore throat and had to wait 5 years for an ultra sound.

We have a pretty good system here, but the snowflakes need to get a grip and stop wasting the time of medics who are busy enough treating serious needs.

Some may benefit by going home and fighting their own system and maybe then, they will see how well we have it here in comparison.

Dilli,

I have to admit to being disappointed reading this (and your subsequent posts).

I am not Manx, but I 100% support your position to be Manx, to be proud of it, to be proud of the Island, and (as I often read on here) to be a great defender of both Nobles and other Island institutions.

But is it necessary, in order to be a proud Manxman, to denigrate others who are not. In particular, it is not necessary, indeed it is highly undesirable to knock those who contribute to Island life in all sorts of positive ways whilst not themselves being Manx. 

If you take but a simple example, you quote MRI and Ultrasound and "people with quite strong northern English accents" - well, as it happens, not one single Substantive Post Consultant here providing those same MRI / CT / Breast scans is Manx! Indeed one of them has a 'Quite strong northern English accent'. The two new Consultants / GP's (for whom we are truly desperate) due in June are both from North England.

I happen to know that they read this forum - what message do you want to send to them - that they are not welcome here?

Be careful what you wish for Dilli - I know that your heart in is the right place - perhaps a breathing space to let your head follow?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely agree manximus aururaneus, you said it more eloquently than me. Non Manx people should not be castigated for failing to accept second class service when they’re paying taxes to support those providing it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Dilli,

I am not Manx, but I 100% support your position to be Manx, to be proud of it, to be proud of the Island, and (as I often read on here) to be a great defender of both Nobles and other Island institutions.

But it is not necessary, in order to be a proud Manxman, to denigrate others who are not. In particular, it is not necessary, indeed it is highly undesirable to knock those who contribute to Island life in all sorts of positive ways whilst not themselves being Manx. 

If you take but a simple example, you quote MRI and Ultrasound and "people with quite strong northern English accents" - well, as it happens, not one single Substantive Post Consultant here providing those same MRI / CT / Breast scans is Manx! Indeed one of them has a 'Quite strong northern English accent'. The two new Consultants / GP's (for whom we are truly desperate) due in June are both from North England.

I happen to know that they read this forum - what message do you want to send to them - that they are not welcome here?

Be careful what you wish for Dilli - I know that your heart in is the right place - perhaps a breathing space to let your head follow?

Jeeeeeeeze.....

3 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Dilli,

But it is not necessary, in order to be a proud Manxman, to denigrate others who are not. In particular, it is not necessary, indeed it is highly undesirable to knock those who contribute to Island life in all sorts of positive ways whilst not themselves being Manx. 

The medics you mention will not be the ones to phone in to local radio stations moaning about the lack of aid they get for the pennies they paid in over the years.

I know very well that very few medics are locally born or raised and that the management structure is very much the same now ( but that is a different story)

You make a lot more out of my post than what is in it.

You know full well the type of person I was referring to.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The medics you mention will not be the ones to phone in to local radio stations moaning about the lack of aid they get for the pennies they paid in over the years.

I know very well that very few medics are locally born or raised and that the management structure is very much the same now ( but that is a different story)

You make a lot more out of my post than what is in it.

You know full well the type of person I was referring to.

Yes I do know those people Dilli, and I agree with you.

But I happen to spend a great deal of time in the company of people who, whilst not Manx, contribute a great deal of back-breaking work to this Island, as well as being tax-payers, and are experts that the Island simply does not have. Recruitment is difficult enough as it is - don't make it any harder. I'm on your side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Fuck off idiot.

Actually I'm still trying to figure out what you swanning around in presumably The New Territories armed only with an MOD issue green right-angled torch 6230 99 910 5033  complete with D-batteries and red and green filters 6230 99 949 6381 has to do with the rise in knife crime in UK inner cities...?

As I haven't the faintest idea what the correlation is then maybe, just maybe, you're right....?

An appropriate Freudian slip that this article from the Nation’s Station about Beecroft has created the word “failth

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/budgets-been-in-place-for-me-service-for-years-says-former-minister/

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

An appropriate Freudian slip that this article from the Nation’s Station about Beecroft has created the word “failth

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/budgets-been-in-place-for-me-service-for-years-says-former-minister/

Proof that someone reads you on Douglas Head. It's now been replaced:

https://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/former-minister-queries-me-budget/

(Though of course asking where the money went when the Department is going over budget by a million a month is bit disingenuous.  She's basically try to get the ME people wound up that they were shortchanged by her getting sacked - and why not).

• Like 2