Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Nomadic Raptor

Nobles hospital

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/period-of-turbulance-in-healthcare-says-dhsc-minister/

Gosh! A Minister of the Isle of Man government mouthing platitudes, failing to address questions adequately and glossing over the fact that after ‘a period of turbulence’ that appears to have lasted a lot longer than simply since Couch left,  there’s now no organisational leadership at all. Who’d have thought it?!

It was the Minister's prediction of 'further turbulence' that troubled me rather

His job is to ensure there is no turbulence - accepting it is just failure

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kipper99 said:

It’s 6 months since I raised that. He did go very quickly and without any farewell to a long serving colleague stuff.

He was a high-profile senior Consultant for many years and, as you say, effectively vanished overnight. Something happened; I’ve no idea what, but something happened. 

43 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

It was the Minister's prediction of 'further turbulence' that troubled me rather

Actually, that’s not his job. His job is to get the correct personnel in place to implement Michaels and to fight for the necessary funding to achieve that, to fight the corner of Health & Social Care in CoMin, and, during the turbulence that implementation of Michaels will inevitably bring about,  to support his civil servant team in delivering ongoing health and social care and transforming how it’s delivered plus holding them to account if they don’t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

He was a high-profile senior Consultant for many years and, as you say, effectively vanished overnight. Something happened; I’ve no idea what, but something happened. 

Perhaps they read him the charge sheet (like "The Gaffer")?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Actually, that’s not his job. His job is to get the correct personnel in place to implement Michaels and to fight for the necessary funding to achieve that, to fight the corner of Health & Social Care in CoMin, and, during the turbulence that implementation of Michaels will inevitably bring about,  to support his civil servant team in delivering ongoing health and social care and transforming how it’s delivered plus holding them to account if they don’t.

My understanding of the influence of ministers on their departmental staff is that it extends only to the chief executive.  The boy vampire lost one (MF members have a range of opinions on how well he was doing), put in place his second choice (rumoured) who is now universally disliked and damaging more than is being fixed, and hasn't announced the two year limited replacement despite having interviews last month (I have been told).

I have listened to the Manx Radio clip, and Ashford did only marginally better than Mr Jelly's normal random platitude generator style.  It seemed when he first appeared that he was a cut above our usual politicians, but it's now clear that he is from exactly the same stock.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Rudderless organisations make the good staff despair and give up, and encourage the bad ones to plot and take over.  That is the current situation in the DHSC, and I have been told that by several people who work for it.

• Like 5

On 9/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, Bobbie Bobster said:

@DirkGently First Post from a new userid repeating a personal rumour. Classy!

I think Jerk Gently is quite an appropriate name for a person spreading the same rumours :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I think Jerk Gently is quite an appropriate name for a person spreading the same rumours :lol:

He'll never finish what he started.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

...Ashford did only marginally better than Mr Jelly's normal random platitude generator style.  It seemed when he first appeared that he was a cut above our usual politicians, but it's now clear that he is from exactly the same stock.

This is unsurprising, not least from the perspective that he’s Quayle’s protege. Anyone selected by Quayle as a ‘likely lad’ was inevitably destined to turn out as hopeless. Quayle has zero judgment and zero perception. Charters anyone?

What this also illustrates is the utterly supine and spineless Tynwald we’re saddled with. Not so long ago this level of awfulness at the top of the Island’s most vital department would have lead to a ceaseless and deafening chorus of “What are your going to do about this mess Minister?” But now, silence. 

The level of ineptitude from this government is a disgrace. People should be angry, not apathetic. Seriously, have you seen the marvellous way that ordinary people in the street are, perfectly politely, but very vigorously, challenging Johnson when he ventures into public? People here should do the same - see Quayle, Ashford, Harmer etc. in the supermarket/pub/restaurant/barbers? Challenge them. They’re getting away with it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

This is unsurprising, not least from the perspective that he’s Quayle’s protege. Anyone selected by Quayle as a ‘likely lad’ was inevitably destined to turn out as hopeless. Quayle has zero judgment and zero perception. Charters anyone?

What this also illustrates is the utterly supine and spineless Tynwald we’re saddled with. Not so long ago this level of awfulness at the top of the Island’s most vital department would have lead to a ceaseless and deafening chorus of “What are your going to do about this mess Minister?” But now, silence. 

The level of ineptitude from this government is a disgrace. People should be angry, not apathetic. Seriously, have you seen the marvellous way that ordinary people in the street are, perfectly politely, but very vigorously, challenging Johnson when he ventures into public? People here should do the same - see Quayle, Ashford, Harmer etc. in the supermarket/pub/restaurant/barbers? Challenge them. They’re getting away with it. 

You'll rarely see them out in daylight

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Same could apply to all areas of government. Just send half the management work force home and see how much time is freed up so that the people delivering the services can just get on with doing their jobs. 

Just get rid of Freemasons - Order out of Chaos.

Two high level appointments have been made at the Department of Health and Social Care.

Kathryn Magson is set to take over as Interim Chief Executive from Angela Murray from January 1 next year, bringing 12 years experience of NHS senior management.

Meanwhile, John Spicer will take up the post as Health and Care Transformation Director

• Thanks 1