• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not tangible in the slightest I'm afraid. Maybe you've spent too long away from the front line fella.  Do you think, if I hung round the entrance to Nobles and asked some poor nurse or care assis

Same could apply to all areas of government. Just send half the management work force home and see how much time is freed up so that the people delivering the services can just get on with doing their

I honestly don’t know where this rubbish comes from. Just seven consultants? Utter nonsense. I’ll give a rough breakdown of who is in the hospital if that’d be helpful. Medicine - there are 8 con

Posted Images

Here we go I thought it was the same person who was banging on about the Doctor and had first class knowledge as they had been personally aware of the situation now apparently says that he or she, bet it's a she, never even worked at the hospital and has got a little mate spreading poison. Word to the wise if you are going to tell porkies you need a good memory.

5 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

How could that be achievable? People seem to be saying this is an option but very few employers offer private cover here (as opposed to the Channel Islands where every employer has to offer it as there is no NHS) so a huge number people won’t be able to afford private treatment for one, and secondly the chamber of commerce will just turn round and say that having to provide private cover is another employment cost that’s driving employers off the Island. I can’t see that privatization is any viable solution here as it will be just another reason not to live or employ people in the IOM. 

Well the thing that prompts the view Sultan is recent sizeable survey/report on private provision in the Manx National Health Service

Sponsored by CoMIn I believe it was

Funny that, I thought at the time

You'd expect a private health provider to produce the report themselves, at their own expense

4 hours ago, MrPB said:

She seems to be a good candidate for finding sensible cost cutting measures from that link. 

we don't do cost cutting,  we do job maintaining and charging more to the end user and call it a saving because it loses less.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:
10 hours ago, Patient centred said:

Leaving behind the pieces of a damaged service, morale and broken staff. 

So worst case, we are back to where we started?

Presumably next time you go in for an op and instead the break all the rest of your bones with hammers, it'll be OK 'cos you were damaged anyway?

(David, I think I found a way to save some money.  Hammers are dirt cheap!)

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably next time you go in for an op and instead the break all the rest of your bones with hammers, it'll be OK 'cos you were damaged anyway?

(David, I think I found a way to save some money.  Hammers are dirt cheap!)

What is that in plain English ?

We do not need another cost cutter.

We need someone to tell us what is needed to give us the health care we require.

We need someone to state that the Heath Service  overspends because it has been underfunded.

The overspend has been a result of trying to meet the demands of the service, at the minimal level possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, squelch said:

We do not need another cost cutter.

We need someone to tell us what is needed to give us the health care we require.

We need someone to state that the Heath Service  overspends because it has been underfunded.

The overspend has been a result of trying to meet the demands of the service, at the minimal level possible.

100% correct.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It is more than a little embarrassing reading the replies in this thread. So many people know so much, yet seem scared to post it. That is why nothing will change.

Nothing will change. People have tried. Could have been so good if they had employed Dashfield as medical director instead of external management speak Jugnu  Mahajan. At that time there was a lot of hope and some of the old guard in the hospital who had been feathering their nests and really damaging the service were going or gone. Unfortunately the people at the top do not actually want change. They spend loads of cash on external appointment across government then shelve the reports and move on as they don’t like he answers they get. The population doesn’t want change  good luck to the newly appointed change guru in health  either they will take the cash and put their feet up or they will get so frustrated they will leave after a year  

Plenty of reports and blueprints that have been done out there. Just need government to follow them. 

19 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Fair enough but most of the people airing their grievances seem to be part of the problem not part of the solution. This woman has been here 2 minutes and already they’re posting that she’s shite and suggesting she has an appalling track record and posting links suggesting she has a bad history. You have to ask yourself why would anyone want to do that to someone who hasn’t even got their feet under the table yet? It’s the usual smear campaign by the usual angry and bullying hospital mafia posters.

I have not said anything of the sort. 

I have simply pointed out that the health service has a track record of bringing in external people who have no real interest, knowledge of an islands ‘peculiarities’ or motivation other than money, to work in senior positions  in addition we know that the governments due diligence probably extends to a quick google search given the mistakes made in expensive appointments in the past  

This persons track record is in making significant cuts. This is what the government has vocally said it needs. I can just add 1+1 to make 2

if anyone is bullying or smearing it seems to be you about what I have posted

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Patient centred said:

Nothing will change. People have tried. Could have been so good if they had employed Dashfield as medical director instead of external management speak Jugnu  Mahajan. At that time there was a lot of hope and some of the old guard in the hospital who had been feathering their nests and really damaging the service were going or gone. Unfortunately the people at the top do not actually want change. They spend loads of cash on external appointment across government then shelve the reports and move on as they don’t like he answers they get. The population doesn’t want change  good luck to the newly appointed change guru in health  either they will take the cash and put their feet up or they will get so frustrated they will leave after a year  

Plenty of reports and blueprints that have been done out there. Just need government to follow them. 

government can't afford to pay for it,  no government can, this is why new treatments and certain medications aren't available to all,  that said some of the stuff that isn't getting done is just a joke. along with the waiting times.

• Like 1