Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

Well you’re the expert. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Snorri said:

It's pretty disgraceful that Rob Callister is getting people banned just for linking to the CueBall blog. Utterly pathetic.

Unfortunately, that is a lie.

But feel free to post any evidence you have on Manx Forums, in order to back up your silly post......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

But feel free to post any evidence you have on Manx Forums, in order to back up your silly post......

Do you always get up at 6 am just to strenuously deny things on public forums? 

Edited by Kevmeister
Spelling
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevmeister said:

Do you always get up at 6 am just to strenuously deny things on public forums? 

to quote from cueball "I still can’t help making a few knee jerk inappropriate comments (which I then delete before anyone else could have a go at me)"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

It's only TJ up to his little games.

2 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Why unfortunately? Did you want it to be true? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

to quote from cueball "I still can’t help making a few knee jerk inappropriate comments (which I then delete before anyone else could have a go at me)"

Oh yes and I note Cueball was also right on this - but he was up even earlier today! 

“I rise at 7:00 to work my way through the local news, Twitter and Facebook sites to update myself”

News and politics in complete turmoil again and an MHK back on here arguing with posters. Seems to happen everytime someone publishes things on the internet that take the piss. You can almost set your watch by it. I hope we’re not going back to the old days again. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

5 hours ago, Rob Callister said:

Admin - Thomas Jefferson I have removed your thread. You must be the only one who doesn't know that crap is NOT satire. It is bullying but they call it Satire to try and get away with it. Not on this site. Please do not post stuff from there again. Thankyou.

2 hours ago, gettafa said:

It's only TJ up to his little games.

And here. With at least 2 accounts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Admin - Thomas Jefferson I have removed your thread. You must be the only one who doesn't know that crap is NOT satire. It is bullying but they call it Satire to try and get away with it. Not on this site. Please do not post stuff from there again. 

You do think someone like Rob would learn - how to show that you’re not bothered by something and don’t want to suppress it, by blatantly showing that you are categorically bothered about it and are actively suppressing it. 

For some light reading here’s a link to a BBC article on the Streisand Effect - that being “the act of trying to suppress information but simply making it more widespread as a result”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18458567

It would probably be a worth while lesson for Rob to learn as I’m sure if he had just ignored everything from day one nobody would even have batted an eyelid. However, it seems that up pops the Cueball Blog again and he’s back to shouting at people and making threats to posters on Manx Forums and getting people to noticeably and publicly ban links to the blog everywhere on Facebook Groups. The end result = more people have probably noticed what’s going on and more people have either been made aware of the blog or have read the blog. It’s a doomed strategy really when if a fuss hadn’t been kicked up in the first place less people would probably have been aware of the Blogs content and existence. In that regard he doesn’t seem to be able to help himself. 

Didnt we pay for him to have some media training at some stage? I hope we got a refund! 

To perpetuate the own goal here’s the link again 

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/cue-balls-tt-diary-when-cuey-met-willy/

Edited by Kevmeister
Spelling
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, quilp said:

You do really...

Not at all the whole situation since it seems to have blown up yesterday is frankly ridiculous and the sudden presence of Mods who haven’t been visible around here for a while uncanny. I don’t think anyone wants to see that happening again. One day maybe people will realize that the best way to control adverse social media comments is not to be a knob in the first place.