Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

41 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

One day maybe people will realize that the best way to control adverse social media comments is not to be a knob in the first place. 

I suspect you’ll be waiting quite a long time for that day to arrive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Not at all the whole situation since it seems to have blown up yesterday is frankly ridiculous and the sudden presence of Mods who haven’t been visible around here for a while uncanny.  

What's your take on that then? I don't get it. Are we pro or anti Rob I haven't read this months script?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

What's your take on that then? I don't get it. Are we pro or anti Rob I haven't read this months script?

You’re assuming I was talking about you Slinky? Dont know why? ;)

I don’t know and I’ve never said whether I think any of you are pro Rob or not to my knowledge. My assumption when I saw the increased Mod activity was that you had already been alerted to comments that had been made by another party as you appeared to be monitoring that thread at exactly the same time RC turned up and started posting against a few posters. It was just an observation. I don’t have a script and as I said I hope we’re not going back to the somewhat pathetic situation we’ve had here previously when the bad genie is summonsed by adverse publicity. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Ok, I've been away for a few months and dipping in when I can, not been that bothered by the place really anymore. Death in the family puts it all in perspective. Think I'll slink away again for a while.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Ok, I've been away for a few months and dipping in when I can, not been that bothered by the place really anymore. Death in the family puts it all in perspective. Think I'll slink away again for a while.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss those things do put life into perspective. There wasn’t really any Insinuation in my comments just an observation. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Snorri said:

I'm actually pretty sure they won't.

Why not? you did...

Edited by Neil Down

There is a lot of viciousness that goes under the banner of satire on the site....unfortunately James seems unable to distinguish between the two.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Snorri said:

They are the mods. They moderate. They are watching us. :ermm:

Not true.  Unlike the FB group, which seems to be under constant monitoring by their mods, we are not watching each and every thread or post.  We have lives to be getting on with and,  just like everyone else, there is sometimes some hard stuff to be dealing with.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

there is sometimes some hard stuff to be dealing with.  

what a minx......

:lol:

Rob Callister and Buster will be distant memories within 5 years.

Having achieved between them...the total sum of fook all.

• Like 2