Isle of Man News and Politics

Hooper is not doing alright either. He is really not doing "alright" here. No doubt he'll be re-elected, yes, but he's a waste of space, as are so many others who are re-elected. Such is the price of this absurd thing we call "democracy" where we actually leave it up to ignorant people to vote who is leader. What we need is a Caesar.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

Why unfortunately? Did you want it to be true? 

The irony  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Corrin and LibVan are absolutely meant for each other. And in so doing completely confirm my views of both.

If Hooper doesn’t divest himself of LibVan he’s insane.

Never a truer word was typed on this forum (hyperbole, probably). Liberal Vannin are finished. So is Corrin. They are now an irrelevance.

As for Hooper, I do expect he'll go independent, though not after exploiting Liberal Vannin's resources to get him re-elected next time around. A typical below average career politician. Though as things go, above average overall. We'll be seeing him for another couple of decades no doubt.

And how Howard can suggest that LV has only been going “a couple of months” and has had 5 people elected in 15 years has done well, but is an irrelevance?

He needs to look at the history of the MLP from formation to election of 1st, and many other, members, 8 in one HoK, shame it’s fallen by the way side.

One of Hooper's strengths, if he has any at all, is that he has stayed loyal to the LibVan Party. He doesn't shout about the party from the roof tops because he doesn't need to, he still manages to keep his independent mind.

Numbskulls like Malarkey and that other twat were thick and in particular, thick regarding politics. They didn't understand politics. (Malarkey still doesn't, and never will, despite being a Minister, our equivalent *giggles* of Home Secretary no less)

Edited by gettafa
19 hours ago, Linz said:

It was 2011 after he mysteriously withdrew his candidacy for Keys for ‘personal reasons’ according to this link

http://www.isleofman.com/News/details/16722/former-trade-unionist-wants-to-join-board

He certainly seemed well equipped to replace someone who had suffered from a smear campaign, being an active smear campaigner himself. 

Interesting, for some reason I had always imagined Corrin to be younger.  I suppose its the way that he portrays himself on social media.

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, gettafa said:

One of Hooper's strengths, if he has any at all, is that he has stayed loyal to the LibVan Party. He doesn't shout about the party from the roof tops because he doesn't need to, he still manages to keep his independent mind.

I disagree. Lib Van are a spent force and a waste of space. Hooper would be better dumping them whilst toxic Kate is at the helm as they have no credibility at all. 

• Like 1

Can you clarify your reasons behind calling her toxic (or whatever)? I agree she won't be very popular just now with all those people who managed to grab a wheelbarrow full of cash from the so-called Film Industry, and others on the take worried that the spotlight might be coming their way. Fuck-off rich and greedy landowners for example. 

21 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Can you clarify your reasons behind calling her toxic (or whatever)? I agree she won't be very popular just now with all those people who managed to grab a wheelbarrow full of cash from the so-called Film Industry, and others on the take worried that the spotlight might be coming their way. Fuck-off rich and greedy landowners for example. 

Is anyone who did take film cash likely to be bothered by an enquiry, full or not. The money is long gone, as are the VAT receipts.

The thing that worries me about KB, LH and LV is her/his/its concentration on matters that are years old ( and have been examined before) and not pushing forward policies for the future.

They could, and should, have had a viable policy on constitutional reform, on the SAVE suggestions ( with alternatives ), on the Steam Packet. Instead it’s all carp and criticise.

That being said there should be no commercial confidentiality claims now on a film fund enquiry. It’s dead and gone. What can be commercially confidential?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Is anyone who did take film cash likely to be bothered by an enquiry, full or not. The money is long gone, as are the VAT receipts.

The thing that worries me about KB, LH and LV is her/his/its concentration on matters that are years old ( and have been examined before) and not pushing forward policies for the future.

They could, and should, have had a viable policy on constitutional reform, on the SAVE suggestions ( with alternatives ), on the Steam Packet. Instead it’s all carp and criticise.

Your well-worded analysis of LV describes how they have always been, but remains valid. They are a party of complaint, moan and whinge and have never offered credible, thoughtful and progressive policies in respect of anything at all. Whilst this has always been true, it has been thrown into ever starker relief since Beecroft took the helm. A woman obsessed by critising services (e.g. health) but when given the chance to deliver was a miserable failure. She embodies LibVan. In that respect therefore she is an ideal leader; a loser individual at the helm of a loser party.

Yes John.

Let's brush it all under the carpet, it is after all the manx way.  

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 2

Maybe one day Howard will achieve his Utopia -  which Allan Bell only alluded too - whereby every member of Tynwald is a paid for buffet eating yes man/woman member of his little but very powerful club.

34 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Yes John.

Let's brush it all under the carpet, it is after all the manx way.  

I didn’t suggest brushing it under the carpet. Read my final sentence. There is a chance of a different outcome.

But LV risks becoming a one trick pony, backward, rather than forward looking.

• Like 1