Isle of Man News and Politics

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I can give lots of reasons Bernie but you’re boring me now with your incessant rants over the last few weeks. She is simply a horrendous member of Keys who should pack up and create a by-election at the earliest possible opportunity. 

? !

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

Why unfortunately? Did you want it to be true? 

The irony  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The Tynwald of any time is a collection of people who create a consensus. If those people change ‘Tynwald’  becomes a different collection of personalities and ideas. Throwing something at them which happened 20-30 years ago when none of the current members were even in government is just childish. It’s shit-stirring, nothing more. Nothing less. 

I agree with some of what you say but why all the hatred?

Now, do Tynwald learn from their mistakes....

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

The best way to learn from one's mistakes is to examine them in an honest manner. No matter how painful. 

Good luck with that one...

55 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The Tynwald of any time is a collection of people who create a consensus. If those people change ‘Tynwald’  becomes a different collection of personalities and ideas. Throwing something at them which happened 20-30 years ago when none of the current members were even in government is just childish. It’s shit-stirring, nothing more. Nothing less. 

Without investigations into matters of corruption and finding out what went on and yes learning lessons then we end up repeating the same mistakes over and over again. It doesn't matter that the personnel change if the institution that enables the corruption doesn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Without investigations into matters of corruption and finding out what went on and yes learning lessons then we end up repeating the same mistakes over and over again. It doesn't matter that the personnel change if the institution that enables the corruption doesn't.

I dont really think that’s the case. Millennium year was 1979. Who do I complain to? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You completely confuse hatred with honesty. 

No I don't.

You can be honest without calling someone "bitter and twisted", which is not very nice and just a personal perception of which you are the owner....

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

No I don't.

You can be honest without calling someone "bitter and twisted", which is not very nice and just a personal perception of which you are the owner....

Yes you do, you really do. Given half the stuff that’s said on here by many posters I’d say calling someone bitter and twisted (when they clearly are very bitter and twisted) is incredibly mild to be honest. I’m tired of hearing from the woman. Little of anything she says has any relevance to what is going on today in this house of Tynwald and the problems currently facing the IOM. 

59 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes you do, you really do. Given half the stuff that’s said on here by many posters I’d say calling someone bitter and twisted (when they clearly are very bitter and twisted) is incredibly mild to be honest. I’m tired of hearing from the woman. Little of anything she says has any relevance to what is going on today in this house of Tynwald and the problems currently facing the IOM. 

That hardly narrows it down though.

I guess it's down to how her electorate view her performance.

21 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That hardly narrows it down though.

I guess it's down to how her electorate view her performance.

A lot of people in Douglas South can’t wait for her to jack it in. How is she representing anyone muck raking over stuff that happened 10 years or more ago when we have so many issues and things that need to be done now? She’s trying to do a very poor impersonation of Peter Karran as she hasn’t really got anything else to add. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

A lot of people in Douglas South can’t wait for her to jack it in. How is she representing anyone muck raking over stuff that happened 10 years or more ago when we have so many issues and things that need to be done now? She’s trying to do a very poor impersonation of Peter Karran as she hasn’t really got anything else to add. 

Which to my way of thinking is a problem with the whole "system" because sans portfolio you've nothing else to do!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

.. problems currently facing the IOM. 

The current Government are doing exactly what their predecessors did and that is  raiding the [VAT common purse funded] reserves for government employees in promotion pay, pensions and payoffs.

But they mustn't forget their friends who are not government employees, such as the ever greedy landowners and so they get a huge swathe too. The lawyers and accountants involved in the laughingly named Film Industry too.

The ordinary person gets lumbered with the likes of the so-called toilet tax "because they do it in the UK". And remember, moneybags Howard Quayle was one of the big-hitters in bringing in the toilet tax. (But hey, we all forgot about the toilet tax haven't we, we even made Howard Chief Minister)

The government needs to be reminded of all discrepancies involving greed, greed, more greed and fat cats. Do you see anyone else in Tynwald who would even dare step off the gravy train to stop the likes of this plunder? 

And yet you are proponing getting rid of Kate Beecroft.

• Thanks 1