Isle of Man News and Politics

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

The current Government are doing exactly what their predecessors did and that is  raiding the [VAT common purse funded] reserves for government employees in promotion pay, pensions and payoffs.

But they mustn't forget their friends who are not government employees, such as the ever greedy landowners and so they get a huge swathe too. The lawyers and accountants involved in the laughingly named Film Industry too.

The ordinary person gets lumbered with the likes of the so-called toilet tax "because they do it in the UK". And remember, moneybags Howard Quayle was one of the big-hitters in bringing in the toilet tax. (But hey, we all forgot about the toilet tax haven't we, we even made Howard Chief Minister)

The government needs to be reminded of all discrepancies involving greed, greed, more greed and fat cats. Do you see anyone else in Tynwald who would even dare step off the gravy train to stop the likes of this plunder? 

And yet you are proponing getting rid of Kate Beecroft.

Carry on ranting. People are allowed to disagree with you on here. It really seems like some people only want the same messages being spread out across all social media at the moment. This is a forum for different views not a propaganda machine for Kate Beecroft. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

Why unfortunately? Did you want it to be true? 

The irony  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Hooper seems to do it on all sorts of relevant subjects and have the respect of his constituents. 

Sure but I suspect the issue around Mrs Beecroft is that she has been binned off Health without a proper explanation as to why.

I have to say that would piss anybody off.

Hence my attempting to get to the reason for her sacking and the vituperation directed at her from MF.

As yet no answers.

3 hours ago, gettafa said:

And yet you are proponing getting rid of Kate Beecroft.

This the same Kate Beecroft whose company Manx Home Care was providing 66 hours a week of care at between £17 and £25 per hour to the Department of which she was a Minister (although to be fair, she was only a regular MHK when the contract was awarded). She's different from the others for what reason exactly?

https://iom.icasework.com/servlet/ep.getImg?ref=75701&bin=Y&auth=0&db=ZVD1ZPdIGvo%3D&access_token=DbbxuoxGcGQsLsvQ_t4nKINTYxLVkSX8v9lhfTvjEjQ%3D.Grq9kUnLNz0cCkx9J_OJuA%3D%3D

• Like 1
4 hours ago, P.K. said:

Sure but I suspect the issue around Mrs Beecroft is that she has been binned off Health without a proper explanation as to why.

I have to say that would piss anybody off.

Hence my attempting to get to the reason for her sacking and the vituperation directed at her from MF.

As yet no answers.

She resigned, ( but only because she was given the opportunity to go before she was pushed )

A series of PR disasters over moving services ( colonoscopy springs to mind ) from Ramsey to Douglas, ward closures and other matters, (the ComCab transport issue in Liverpool taking over from Bridgewater), where things were just announced without any consultation with Service users. They caused awful publicity,rocked confidence.

Clashes with her Chief Executive ( she’s rumoured to have wanted him gone - he was parachuted in by Howard). Clashes with her political members, there were resignations.

Add to which, in spite of everything the deficit just kept going up and DHSC had to come back to Tynwald.

Who knows what she did in CoMin.

She was ill, but the consensus seems to be she isn’t a team player, she’s difficult, shrill, etc.

That enough to be getting on with PK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Didn't she also oppose the much needed reform of the abortion laws?

She did very deliberately try to throw several spanners into the works on the Abortion Bill. and there was also the hospital cleaning contract debacle. I wonder if “News Night” had found that Bill Malarchy’s electrical firm had a contract to maintain the wiring at the prison for the Dept of Home Affairs would he be splashing it all over his Blog as proof of IOMG cronyism? Just a thought. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, John Wright said:

She resigned, ( but only because she was given the opportunity to go before she was pushed )

A series of PR disasters over moving services ( colonoscopy springs to mind ) from Ramsey to Douglas, ward closures and other matters, (the ComCab transport issue in Liverpool taking over from Bridgewater), where things were just announced without any consultation with Service users. They caused awful publicity,rocked confidence.

Clashes with her Chief Executive ( she’s rumoured to have wanted him gone - he was parachuted in by Howard). Clashes with her political members, there were resignations.

Add to which, in spite of everything the deficit just kept going up and DHSC had to come back to Tynwald.

Who knows what she did in CoMin.

She was ill, but the consensus seems to be she isn’t a team player, she’s difficult, shrill, etc.

That enough to be getting on with PK.

Thanks John.

Not sure I care about PR disasters if the job is being done. Not sure I care about consultations either if something needs leadership. Ask a load of people the same question about the best way of doing things and you will get a load of different answers. But a manager not caring about what is happening at the coalface....? Recipe for disaster.

So she didn't like the CM's man on the inside either. Well, there's a shocker......

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Thanks John.

Not sure I care about PR disasters if the job is being done. Not sure I care about consultations either if something needs leadership. Ask a load of people the same question about the best way of doing things and you will get a load of different answers. But a manager not caring about what is happening at the coalface....? Recipe for disaster.

So she didn't like the CM's man on the inside either. Well, there's a shocker......

She does not like many people and even fewer like her

She could not wait to take on health after she had the whole top layer booted out but soon found she had raced into shit creek without her paddle

I can guess her reasons for wanting to be in charge of health and it had nothing to do with helping Joe Bloggs

She is a driven woman but does not know when to apply the brakes or steer away (IMHO)

Edited by dilligaf
  • Thanks 3

Well, a difficult workplace shouldn't be a popularity contest.

So "she had the whole top layer booted out" which I find strange. Very difficult these days to get rid of anyone!

Any facts and figures Dilli?

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Well, a difficult workplace shouldn't be a popularity contest.

So "she had the whole top layer booted out" which I find strange. Very difficult these days to get rid of anyone!

Any facts and figures Dilli?

She didn’t get anyone booted out, but she dug in her heels, was confrontational, and no one would work with her. It was either a total melt down, paralysis, if she stayed, or she had to go.

It is rumoured that wasn’t limited to DHSC but also applied to CoMin.

Totally ineffective.

• Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

She didn’t get anyone booted out, but she dug in her heels, was confrontational, and no one would work with her. It was either a total melt down, paralysis, if she stayed, or she had to go.

Totally ineffective.

John, I am talking about the top layer BEFORE she got into health

You must know who I mean 

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Totally ineffective.

But sometimes you have to be confrontational to challenge the "But we've always done it this way" ethos which I have to admit I came to hate when having to work with the public sector.....

But it certainly all sounds very bullish. Probably overly so.