Isle of Man News and Politics

1 hour ago, Howard said:

In the context of Neil's post, Gladys' is the correct way to write it. We know there is only on Gladys under discussion.

Your version is equally  correct as mine. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

Why unfortunately? Did you want it to be true? 

The irony  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, gettafa said:

In the olden days of Manx.net a post like that would have prompted a Glady or two to be created. And a .Gladys.

Such simple tireless innocent fun was the forums back then.

I’m sure that would still happen here as it would appear to be easy to set up multiple accounts judging by some posters tactics. 

Back to News and Politics though and it looks a bit weird how that is starting to operate. Like IOM Newspapers today it got a huge flood of over 170 posts (before the thread was closed) on Syrian Refuges, and a good number seemed to be alt-right fake Facebook profiles who just dived in to agitate and then move on. Few were regular posters as he doesn’t really seem to have a huge amount of regular posters at the moment judging by my newsfeed. Same as IOM Newpapers today where a whole pile of sleepers seemed to come out of the woodwork to argue the tired alt-right line on immigration and then they’re off seldom to be seen again. Do you think he’s part of a Russian troll farm? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Would you apply that same logic to this forum then?

In what way? I dont see any sleepers on here just a few new accounts that bring a fresh perspective to things which is good. I don’t see a whole pile of people who have never posted before, or who have seldom posted before, piling in on one or two threads to attempt to control them. In fact quite the opposite - on here it’s even more obviously the tired old accounts of regular posters doing that whenever they’re wheeled out when things are said they don’t like. The socks stick out even more now that there seem to be so few regulars left. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
15 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

In what way? I dont see any sleepers on here just a few new accounts that bring a fresh perspective to things which is good. I don’t see a whole pile of people who have never posted before, or who have seldom posted before, piling in on one or two threads to attempt to control them. In fact quite the opposite - on here it’s even more obviously the tired old accounts of regular posters doing that whenever they’re wheeled out when things are said they don’t like. The socks stick out even more now that there seem to be so few regulars left. 

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

:rolleyes:

Lol, @Neil Down / @hissingsid / @Linz all facebook addicts dragging their stupidity all over the shop. In the good old days you had to be clever to have a computer and internet. Sadly these clowns are reducing the topics to discussions about the idiot groups on facebook, its all a bit rubbish, so I am giving up this forum, see ya.

8 hours ago, p3t3 said:

Lol, @Neil Down / @hissingsid / @Linz all facebook addicts dragging their stupidity all over the shop. In the good old days you had to be clever to have a computer and internet. Sadly these clowns are reducing the topics to discussions about the idiot groups on facebook, its all a bit rubbish, so I am giving up this forum, see ya.

Another TJ account bites the dust... 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, p3t3 said:

You'll be missed... :rolleyes: