Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

that was the cleaned up version.......

:lol:

now don't mention curtains otherwise you'll set them all off.......

Bit of a sod when you've got a roller blind though.  Those things can HURT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:30 PM, P.K. said:

How do you know TJ was banned?

I didn't know that but then I'm a bit on the slow side....

Why is there this strange obsession with previous posters on here?  It’s not really relevant to anything current surely? It’s hard to keep up. 

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Hah, hah!

Nice one 'Linz'.

That’s exactly what I mean. This whole site seems to be full of paranoid people speculating about a whole pile of nonsense. It totally detracts from a lot of the debate and reads just like petty squabbling and / or bullying to me. Are people attemotimg to bully people off this forum like they do in the standard public sector managers text book when people say things they don’t like?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Linz said:

Why is there this strange obsession with previous posters on here?  It’s not really relevant to anything current surely? It’s hard to keep up. 

It's a tired old tactic forum bullies have come up with over the years:

> Poster A takes a disliking to poster B;

> Poster A accuses poster B of being a banned poster C;

> Poster A uses their own alt account, poster D, to repeat the accusation that poster B is poster C;

> Poster A uses another alt account, poster E, to repeat the same accusation;

> Poster A succeeds in getting poster B banned.

55 minutes ago, Howard said:

> Poster A uses their own alt account, poster D, to repeat the accusation that poster B is poster C;

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, John Wright said:

Sounds like you’ve done it many times Howard, the alt accounts that is.

Surprised he even uses alphabetic characters, surely a hexadecimal based index would be more efficient.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howard said:

It's as simple as ABABCADBCAEAB

• Haha 2

Whoever Howard and Linz are or were or may become it is very obvious they are only on the forum to disrupt and annoy, they bring nothing to the table in the way of meaningful discussion just try and wind people up and detail the topic.    Ignore them and they may get bored and fly away.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Whoever Howard and Linz are or were or may become it is very obvious they are only on the forum to disrupt and annoy, they bring nothing to the table in the way of meaningful discussion just try and wind people up and detail the topic.    Ignore them and they may get bored and fly away.

For Christ’s sake do we have to start all this sort of crap again? No wonder we rarely get any new posters on here anymore and people like Dilli and others are jacking it in. You want to listen to some of your posts sometime if you want to be all high handed about some of the pretty dismal content that’s on here most days. Surely it’s up to members of this forum to decide what content they want to read for themselves and just block the people who annoy them or who they don’t agree with? Sick of reading all this accusation and counter accusation bollocks again. It’s back to almost where it was a year ago - I block the posters I don’t want to follow. I don’t need general warnings from you on whose posts I should or shouldn’t read. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

For Christ’s sake do we have to start all this sort of crap again? No wonder we rarely get any new posters on here anymore and people like Dilli and others are jacking it in. You want to listen to some of your posts sometime if you want to be all high handed about some of the pretty dismal content that’s on here most days. Surely it’s up to members of this forum to decide what content they want to read for themselves and just block the people who annoy them or who they don’t agree with? Sick of reading all this accusation and counter accusation bollocks again. It’s back to almost where it was a year ago - I block the posters I don’t want to follow. I don’t need general warnings from you on whose posts I should or shouldn’t read. 

The irony

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The irony

Of what? I use blocking all the time if I don’t want to read what other posters post and then it’s a matter of private choice / taste that I don’t choose to advertise just to publicly embarrass or harass a poster. I don’t see why we have to start all that rubbish again. If people annoy you block them surely? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

I don't see the point in blocking anyone.  One can only really learn anything from those that disagree with one. I don't see any real point in reading the posts of those that agree with me. I already know i'm right in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've never blocked anyone , based on the law of averages all posters may say something sensible/useful/relevant  :lol:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

I don't see the point in blocking anyone.  One can only really learn anything from those that disagree with one. I don't see any real point in reading the posts of those that agree with me. I already know i'm right in the first place.

Even what you posted was 'not what you meant' :lol:?  

If you are going to pick a fight in a pub , make sure there is a back door  ?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1