Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You got there before me, Declan. Can’t make out if Linz has comprehension deficit or is trouble causing. She needs to wind her neck in.

Thanks for the personal advice. But as this forum seems to be full of aged, foul mouthed, drunken, nutters who clog up threads incessantly arguing with anyone for no real reason i do wonder why my comments drew so much attention. Read WTFs post again. It is capable of being read both ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Linz said:

Thanks for the personal advice. But as this forum seems to be full of aged, foul mouthed, drunken, nutters who clog up threads incessantly arguing with anyone for no real reason i do wonder why my comments drew so much attention. Read WTFs post again. It is capable of being read both ways. 

You need to read the post again as it’s clear as others have said. Besides I doubt a leading light in the Chamber of Commerce would dirty their hands posting on here amongst the negative nellies. Onwards and upwards as they say! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I know you are cynical about Manx Justice. But the Deemster didn’t “buy it”. It was a jury verdict. They acquitted of death by dangerous, but convicted of due care. Defendant appealed, unsuccessfully.

So no-one was bought.

The case presented did not convince the jury so that they could be really sure to convict of the serious offence.

There was, naturally, much sympathy with the family of the deceased, and there were some scurrilous posts about the defendant, which had to be removed for legal reasons.

No one was bought.

In the Isle of Man where everyone supposedly knows  everyone else and  these wonderful people called deemsters who "know who is guilty before a case comes to court because the place is so small", a jury will hang on to every word that nice man says to them. 

And it was largely in the judges gift and discretion as to the degree of sentencing, not the jury.

Oh, and the 'scurrilous' and particularly hurtful remarks made on the forum were against the person who was killed. Words to the effect of "she shouldn't have been at home looking after the children then they wouldn't be orphans". (Oh, and in this respect, for someone using the forums on a regular basis, that poster was not as anonymous as they must have thought...)

 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

The only thing that may have been considered 'bought' was a comprehensive defence perhaps? These things tend to get pre-judged I think, without taking into consideration all of the possible variables which a court must do.

Yes, the defence and their expert (ie bought) witness was comprehensive and didn't provide, for example, such a damning Saab reference for the love of justice.

With it being a motorbike related matter, good ol' Milky Quayle, that friendly jovial TT clown, was brought in to provide a reference. He was the er, defs postman. That's it. But of course postmen are Gods on the Isle of Man and so apparently is any 'celebrity' to do with the TT. And it was fortunate that by joining the freemasons the def found a member of the committee who runs the TT and MGP.  And got a glowing reference that displayed no relevance to how relatively briefly he had known def. (or some would argue, much at all)

The references succeeded in dissipating the arguments of some of the bike fraternity, which is fair enough. It should have been a simple case of a car driver killing another road-user. That fact they were on a motorcycle should in court have been largely irrelevant. The defence succeeded in just about rubbishing everything anyone with a motorbike said. Except the references of course.

Bought men?

 

 

Oh, and John, me cynical about Manx justice. You bet.

 

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gizo said:

Nope. I type hillberry in the search function and it crashes each time. Try any other word and it’s fine. Any other useful word I could use?

Get your mum to show you how to do it then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead fast 5 wins in a week. yellow flags. Hero. We all come back next  year and its never been better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read Parrish book. Shat in your pint. Bomb scare. What a card. The cunt. Seeya in June. Best week of the year. Apart from Tynwald Day. Which isn't a week but is manx.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Has Ian Rush been at the christmas port?

Port? More like the meths

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ian rush said:

Read Parrish book. Shat in your pint. Bomb scare. What a card. The cunt. Seeya in June. Best week of the year. Apart from Tynwald Day. Which isn't a week but is manx.

This is why you just should never buy a 5 litre box of chardonnay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Get your mum to show you how to do it then

Is that all you can do is to insult?. Please leave this forum so the grown ups can talk. 

Also my mum is dead.

Edited by Gizo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Has Ian Rush been at the christmas port?

Top of the league, bound to be happy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gettafa said:

In the Isle of Man where everyone supposedly knows  everyone else and  these wonderful people called deemsters who "know who is guilty before a case comes to court because the place is so small", a jury will hang on to every word that nice man says to them. 

And it was largely in the judges gift and discretion as to the degree of sentencing, not the jury.

Oh, and the 'scurrilous' and particularly hurtful remarks made on the forum were against the person who was killed. Words to the effect of "she shouldn't have been at home looking after the children then they wouldn't be orphans". (Oh, and in this respect, for someone using the forums on a regular basis, that poster was not as anonymous as they must have thought...)

 

Yes, the defence and their expert (ie bought) witness was comprehensive and didn't provide, for example, such a damning Saab reference for the love of justice.

With it being a motorbike related matter, good ol' Milky Quayle, that friendly jovial TT clown, was brought in to provide a reference. He was the er, defs postman. That's it. But of course postmen are Gods on the Isle of Man and so apparently is any 'celebrity' to do with the TT. And it was fortunate that by joining the freemasons the def found a member of the committee who runs the TT and MGP.  And got a glowing reference that displayed no relevance to how relatively briefly he had known def. (or some would argue, much at all)

The references succeeded in dissipating the arguments of some of the bike fraternity, which is fair enough. It should have been a simple case of a car driver killing another road-user. That fact they were on a motorcycle should in court have been largely irrelevant. The defence succeeded in just about rubbishing everything anyone with a motorbike said. Except the references of course.

Bought men?

 

 

Oh, and John, me cynical about Manx justice. You bet.

 

Totally agree.

Money talks all the time regardless of what John may like to portray. I have great respect for John, but he is just talking about the job the defence bods do , not how moral the outcome may be.

 I know a lovely couple who also  suffered a loss and they came up against money and a brick wall when it came to justice. It just is not right and nobody will ever convince me that money does not buy you preference. That Hilberry case was a joke in terms of blame.

 It's a shit life if you are not well orf

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Totally agree.

Money talks all the time regardless of what John may like to portray. I have great respect for John, but he is just talking about the job the defence bods do , not how moral the outcome may be.

 I know a lovely couple who also  suffered a loss and they came up against money and a brick wall when it came to justice. It just is not right and nobody will ever convince me that money does not buy you preference. That Hilberry case was a joke in terms of blame.

 It's a shit life if you are not well orf

The jury found him guilty of driving without due care etc.

As that driving without due care caused a fatality I genuinely can't see how there was no manslaughter charge at the very least?

Unless, of course, the brakes were found to be defective.

Disquieting.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The jury found him guilty of driving without due care etc.

As that driving without due care caused a fatality I genuinely can't see how there was no manslaughter charge at the very least?

Unless, of course, the brakes were found to be defective.

Disquieting.....

Just sick to think you can come up with bullshit about inferior brakes, after knowing what one has done and how.

Four poor kids lost their Mum in this incident, then their Dad dies too.

 This is one of those events where, no matter how many years have passed and legal folk defend the sentence, it is still WRONG. That cannot be changed by pulled posts or bans or gagging orders. It is forever WRONG.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...