Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

James Corrin was really hard on Beecroft when she was Minister of Health even penned some sketches off her when she did away with meals on Wheels and on other occasions featuring her as a witch etc..  Well deserved I thought but lately he has become her champion I cannot think why ? and he has turned his attention to Rob whom in his twisted mind he blames for her sacking.    She can do no wrong in his eyes, criticism is not tolerated and he has even started publicising Lib Van meetings and seems to be in love with them.    No one from Lib Van is ever up for discussion or ridicule.    Strange bedfellows indeed.    He tends to run with stories that suit his own ways of thinking,. he has been venomous towards Julie Edge since the rent on his home went up, I am sure he is convinced it was personal.    He can turn quite easily in his opinions and if I were Beecroft I would not bask in the glory of being his new best friend it may be a very brief friendship.

• Thanks 1

James also has a hard on for Rob Callister and his hatred of Julie Edge is no secret. He bans anyone who criticises Rob and anyone who says anything remotely positive about Julie. I saw James in Shoprite a few weeks ago and suddenly realised who he reminded me: one of the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz.

07MAREN2-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=

The one in the middle, to be exact. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MrPB said:

What is going on, on there tonight? A few people posted quite respectful and well thought out challenges to a post Kate Beecroft made and then Corrin seems to have gone totally mental accusing them of trolling an MHK. I think he needs to revise his understanding of trolling. Trolling is what he generally seems to do to people he doesn’t agree with. Those posters look to have made some pretty good points about the Knottfield report and continued covering up of child abuse and got accused of harassment and trolling Beecroft who posted a link about the need to expose cover ups and government wrong doings. The responses seemed to be highly appropriate as replies to me. 

He seems to think some MHKs views are beyond challenge even where posters seem to have been pretty polite but stuck to making very concise and valid points and asked for equally concise valid replies from an MHK to a post they themselves made. 

It's the standard line James uses. Anybody who disagrees with him is a "troll" or "trolling". 

Meanwhile, he posts Bernie Moffatt's blog every 5 minutes. Has anybody taken the time to read those blog entries to the end? Some of them are very vicious personal attacks against politicians. Personally, I've no problem with that, but it does highlight the double standard James uses. It's okay to personally attack certain MHKs (he himself has attacked Julie Edge personally on numerous occasions, calling her "Miss Piggy" and other vile names). It's "trolling" merely for disagreeing with certain other MHKs. He just makes it all up as he goes along. I reckon he probably gets a boner when he's waving that ban hammer.

Edited by Rushen Spy
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

It's the standard line James uses. Anybody who disagrees with him is a "troll" or "trolling". 

I was just surprised at how blatant it suddenly seems to have got. As I said he probably needs to understand what trolling actually is as that didn’t seem to be trolling to me. What he really means is ‘Please stop asking that awkward question as it’s going to embarrass the person who made the original post’ which is far from trolling and is, I thought, pretty much the reason why someone would subscribe to a politics group - to discuss political views with a politician. Yes I agree on Bernie Moffatt the man is a bully and a fraud who has made a good career out of pretty much nothing but having a big mouth and an over inflated sense of self-importance. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo

32 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I was just surprised at how blatant it suddenly seems to have got. 

What? It's been going on for years. Did you see the vet stuff?

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What? It's been going on for years. Did you see the vet stuff?

That was terrible. I really hope the vet sued him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I don't even bother visiting the site anymore. That's a good indicator of how dull it is.

Of course you don’t TJ...

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Of course you don’t TJ...

I literally don't have any logins on there, just as I have only one login (this one) here. I could easily sneak on that site with a fake name if I wanted to but I honestly just can't be bothered. I mean, what am I really missing? I have no interest in being immersed in the world of an angry little midget from Onchan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

That was terrible. I really hope the vet sued him

Or just pumped him full of horse tranquilizers.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Didn't James mention that he'd be "exposing" it all with documents and how it would also embarrass the government? He may be an Ass, but he's no Assange.

He is not a great friend to have he can turn very easily he used to despise Kate now they are besties until she does something to annoy.    I do not have any time for Kate myself but she should be careful of this relationship of support it speaks volumes.

13 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I have no interest in being immersed in the world of an angry little midget from Onchan.

Don't be so down on yourself.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hissingsid said:

James Corrin was really hard on Beecroft when she was Minister of Health even penned some sketches off her when she did away with meals on Wheels and on other occasions featuring her as a witch etc..  Well deserved I thought but lately he has become her champion I cannot think why ? and he has turned his attention to Rob whom in his twisted mind he blames for her sacking.    She can do no wrong in his eyes, criticism is not tolerated and he has even started publicising Lib Van meetings and seems to be in love with them.    

I can’t imagine that they want an angry, twisted, Internet-trolling bell end like him as some sort of official party spokesman after the last time they had that other mouthy bell end who used to post on here all the time who got about 4 votes when he stood for MHK. They really do seem to make dire appointments in the desperate clamour to get any sort of social media profile. He is quite right in blaming Rob for her sacking though if that is what he’s now doing. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Rob was only one of many that could not work with her she did not need any help she brought it on herself.

• Like 1