Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I am. But how do you counter the stupid ignorance of people like CW.?

I know it's easier said than done, but how about just ignoring it?

You know what they say about never arguing with an idiot...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Probably moan about it through multiple accounts like a big baby and try to get them banned. You know. Like usual :lol:

I only have one account. Is that not enough :o

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I know it's easier said than done, but how about just ignoring it?

You know what they say about never arguing with an idiot...

You are 100% correct. But red rag to a bull and stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I only have one account. Is that not enough :o

Arguably, it's more than enough.

You set them up, I'll knock them down :P

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe you can explain in simple terms how it is beneficial to retire early and lose years of salary.

I reckon your head and arse are in the wrong place.

It’s quite simple. The answer is when the payoff far exceeds the salary and this, unbelievably I know, is often the case.

It’s paid out of a different purse so ‘it doesn’t matter’. Like the MEA, when they had to get rid it of staff and they offered early retirement and JC and others took it with open arms getting a lump sum and a monthly pension until death  

You’re very naive if you think this doesn’t go on  quite regularly. More so when it’s a trouble maker or an arsehole  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ecobob said:

It’s quite simple. The answer is when the payoff far exceeds the salary and this, unbelievably I know, is often the case.

It’s paid out of a different purse so ‘it doesn’t matter’. Like the MEA, when they had to get rid it of staff and they offered early retirement and JC and others took it with open arms getting a lump sum and a monthly pension until death  

You’re very naive if you think this doesn’t go on  quite regularly. More so when it’s a trouble maker or an arsehole  

Yeah. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you Jeremy Corbin ?

Many wasters have been paid to go, but more worrying is that lots of well educated , experienced and highly skilled staff have been moved out to make way for pals. So much knowledge has been lost these last two years. 

I think the new hospital manager is a different breed, so hopefully things are on the up.

Edited by dilligaf

Mate, with respect, you’re an ex taxi driver. I used to do this stuff for a living. Just because your wife got a payoff doesn’t mean you have to take all this personally. 

The MEA had to get rid of staff. They invited staff to take early redundancy. These staff were already in their fifties. They got a lump sum payoff and a pension until death. Are you with me so far? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Mate, with respect, you’re an ex taxi driver. I used to do this stuff for a living. Just because your wife got a payoff doesn’t mean you have to take all this personally. 

The MEA had to get rid of staff. They invited staff to take early redundancy. These staff were already in their fifties. They got a lump sum payoff and a pension until death. Are you with me so far? 

Different playing field Bob. We aren't talking about people holding an oilcan.

( as for being a taxi driver at one point, WTF has that got to do with the price of soap ?)

Edit again. Two of the smartest people I know ( or knew) were taxi drivers with me. They were Lonan 3, and Stu Peters.

Pick the bones out of that.

Edited by dilligaf

7 minutes ago, ecobob said:

But he does as he’s a sad, angry, frustrated, wanker, who is probably loaded up on wine at this time of night :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:
10 minutes ago, ecobob said:

But he does as he’s a sad, angry, frustrated, wanker, who is probably loaded up on wine at this time of night :lol:

Having a wife is something you will never experience, so w***ing may be your lifelong pleasure.

As to your comment about wine. FFS. who drinks wine these days?.

Jethro Tull sang a song about you called " Living in the Past "

2 hours ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Binned off for being a shit-stirrer they wanted gone. 

I've no idea if the above is true but the one with the early retirement package came out the winner....!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I've no idea if the above is true but the one with the early retirement package came out the winner....!

How is that if he is still 10 years later constantly moaning about not being able to afford his poxy commissioners rent? 

Edited by Cheesy Wheezy

35 minutes ago, Cheesy Wheezy said:

Not again!

I thought the late night "you're drunk" insults based on f-all had been left behind.

For the common good.

Apparently not....

• Like 2

Just now, Cheesy Wheezy said:

How is that if he is constantly moaning about not being able to afford his proxy commissioners rent? 

JC is paying rent for someone else?

• Like 1