Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
hissingsid

Isle of Man News and Politics

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of I thought it just came across as a parent saying look at what my child has done rather than anything meaningful.

It does make me laugh though how upset people get when their post is deleted. It's facebook get over it

It is censorship and nothing else. You say what they want you to or they delete it. 1984

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of I thought it just came across as a parent saying look at what my child has done rather than anything meaningful.

It does make me laugh though how upset people get when their post is deleted. It's facebook get over it

No, her daughter asked her to post it in order to inspire others. Fairly pathetic to twist the motives of a child tbh -- it gives some idea of what kind of a d-ck you are with adults who similarly try to inspire others or do something helpful in the world.

• Like 2

There is a moderator on there, female, who is lethal even stopped the half cucumber     post and that was important public knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to set up a Local Facebook Group.

So had to answer a few question before Facebook would allow it.

I don't suffer with Mental health problems,

I don't have small man syndrome.

I don't spend every minute on a computer moaning about my life being shit,

I have a Job.

I don't have three thousand friends on Facebook whom I never met.

I don't think every manx politician except RC is a waste of space (completely the opposite to be honest).

I wouldn't delete and block anybody who disagrees with my view point.

Obviously I was declined.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There is a moderator on there, female, who is lethal even stopped the half cucumber     post and that was important public knowledge.

OK, I'll bite.  What was "the  half cucumber     post" and why do I think I'm going to regret asking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It is censorship and nothing else. You say what they want you to or they delete it. 1984

5 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

But it's more than 'just Facebook'. Those pages have been recognised by the established media - see Paul Moulton interview [1] for example, and as such have reasonable standards that should be adhered to. 

But I agree that it is just 'Facebook get over it', but the masses don't have the wherewithall in the intelligence department to see that. 

Vader has got himself a mighty powerful outlet for his bile/intelligent insights [delete as necessary].

[1] 

Edited by gettafa

11 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

No, her daughter asked her to post it in order to inspire others. Fairly pathetic to twist the motives of a child tbh -- it gives some idea of what kind of a d-ck you are with adults who similarly try to inspire others or do something helpful in the world.

No if I recall it correctly it was a mother putting up a post to say how great her daughter. In fairness it had nothing to do with what that particularly facebook page is for. Had she posted my daughter is going to do a clean up at xx time would people like to help it would probably have stayed on.

7 hours ago, gettafa said:

But it's more than 'just Facebook'. Those pages have been recognised by the established media - see Paul Moulton interview [1] for example, and as such have reasonable standards that should be adhered to. 

But I agree that it is just 'Facebook get over it', but the masses don't have the wherewithall in the intelligence department to see that. 

Vader has got himself a mighty powerful outlet for his bile/intelligent insights [delete as necessary].

That clip always makes me laugh as he clearly opted to be interviewed via skype like he’s Julian Assange or something. Could he not travel all the way from Onchan to Douglas to be interviewed like a normal person? I’d disagree it’s a powerful outlet it’s actually an abuse of just about any political mandate it (wrongly) claims to have. It will be interesting to see what happens in the run up to the next election and how he will completely manipulate his group and audience to profile only the candidates he likes. Which pretty much seems to be only one person. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Vader shags Cat’s

Cat's what?

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

No if I recall it correctly it was a mother putting up a post to say how great her daughter. In fairness it had nothing to do with what that particularly facebook page is for. Had she posted my daughter is going to do a clean up at xx time would people like to help it would probably have stayed on.

Wrong. Her daughter asked her to put the post up and it was to inspire others and for people to talk about other ways we could all as a community help to fight litter and climate change.  But go ahead and defame a little girl by attributing self-serving intent. Pathetic.

5 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

Wrong. Her daughter asked her to put the post up and it was to inspire others and for people to talk about other ways we could all as a community help to fight litter and climate change.  But go ahead and defame a little girl by attributing self-serving intent. Pathetic.

Not how I remember it so we will agree to disagree. Also I'm not having a go at a little girl fair play to her it was more the attention seeking mother I was talking about

18 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

OK, I'll bite.  What was "the  half cucumber     post" and why do I think I'm going to regret asking?

A post was made in the ‘what, where, who group’ bemoaning the fact you could no longer buy half a cucumber in Ramsey Co-op I think. Wasn’t clear if it was a joke but was done in a ‘massive injustice’ stylee so it received the response you would expect. Went a bit viral locally with everyone and their dog piling in on the joke and carrying it along. For no logical reason the comments were then closed, no sign of anything nasty or abusive that I saw, ostensibly just because people were enjoying it too much. Classic case of moderator megalomania. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1